Author Topic: Do people bother to read anymore?  (Read 3855 times)

Seriously...don't bother posting here either if you can't be bothered yourself to read my post.

Am I the only one that hates it when people don't bother to read your thread, then answer with something you explained in your post that you did not need because of a certain reason?

I've been patient about this, but now i've really had enough. I made a thread in General Modification Help asking if someone could flatshade my model, because my MS3D trial expired and I wasn't expecting on getting a key yet. Then when someone finally replied, he provided a link, which was a tutorial on how to flatshade models..... when I clearly stated I would have done it myself if I could still use MS3D!

No offense to who posted that link to a thread RIGHT BELOW MINE...but please try to READ...because it defeats the whole purpose of the forum you are "reading."

Has this happened to anyone before? If you want type your story as far as this go ahead. Discuss, cry, I don't really care. Just read it.

but for the love of god...read the whole post!

(Please and Thank you)

I agree wholeheartedly.

i get mad when people yell at me for not reading every POST in the thread.
fine if its 2-3 pages long. but im not going back and dig through 50 pages because something might have been answered there.

Ace

tl;dr

Couldn't have put it better myself. Terror has given all of us some very solid advice to live by.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:04:27 PM by Ace »

Badspot's probably going to be unhappy. If he doesn't do something I'm going to get annoyed.

Anyhow. Yeah, you are right. It's like when people in Gallery say "Don't post until I have done all the images", then some moron posts straight away "Need more pictures".

Well, the person he is refering to is me *guilty* but sometimes it really helps if you don't make your post look like this? you know, all scrunched up. Hard to read. Long, not to the point. filler goes in here. BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahB lahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBl ahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBla hBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahB lahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBl ahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBla hBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahB lahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBl ahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBla hBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahB lahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBl ahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBla hBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah see how annoying it can be? (assume blahs have worthwhile info)

anyway, I agree that its annoying when people don't read the whole post but it might stop if you use some techiniques such as...

Bolding headings (use headings too)

Making notes - look like this

Underline key facts

And cross something out if it works well changes or is wrong.

Colors can also make important words stand out from the text

Oh..and don't use lines like "Plz help!" or "OMG I DAI IF U NOT TELL ME!!"

Just offering the other side of the story....

i honostly only read the last line but i had to post now...
ill repost if i ever read it entirely

Well i know, i need to learn to indent and what not, but the comment that asked for no tuts was on the first sentence. I only used you as an example because you were the most recent one, and I dont hate you, or anyone for it. I just hate when it happens.
    Another thing is that I never made any "plz help" or "if you dont help plz dai" statements in that post, I just asked if someone could flatshade it for me because of (reason), and on top of that I made a nice little "if you are willing to" half-lie.

Ace

Ah! I just found out what tl;dr meant!

Looked it up on google, means "Too Long; Didn't Read"

:cookieMonster: