Author Topic: Grammar Guide  (Read 2666 times)

Ok, well as you know, there are a whole lot of people here who do not use commas(,) or periods(.). These people typing sentences with incorrect puntuation (' , . etc.), capitalization (A, e, I, o, U etc.) and word structure (basically just incorrect wording) are getting angry because no one knows what they are talking about, and we are getting angry at them for getting angry at us, but they know not of what they do! A vicous cycle indeed.

Well here is a tutorial everyone should read, no "too long didn't read" or any of that, atleast just skim through it.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punctuation-Correctly

Sticky please.

I think that people should be reminded of something, while we are in a grammar thread.

Blockland attracts players from all over the world, and people all over the world natively speak other languages than English. For these people, learning a new language that is very different from their own is not something that can be done in a matter of weeks, it takes quite a while to master a new language. The fact that a lot of people do their damnedest to fit in, only to be hounded and "shunned" for their use of their, there, and they're.

We should remind ourselves that these people usually do their best.

This is win, I use correct grammar most of the time, especially when I am posting a comment. The only time I don't, is if I am talking in AIM or some sort of chat.

I'm on and off, depending on how casual the conversation is. But I do my best on forums.

TheCannon's grammar has MPD.

ROFLdate=1188249448]
TheCannon's grammar has MPD.
Wow, never thought of it that way...

If people are going to make grammar topics, make them less ambiguous. "Punctuation Guide" would be more suited in this case.