Author Topic: midi to Blockland converter  (Read 2952 times)

I have started learning a bit of basic Python, so I wrote a little script that converts .midi files to eventSave files used in Blockland. The idea was to create music for my harpsichord. It can already play lots of songs, but all of them were done manually (which is tedious work)

It was actually quite simple. I modified the script such that it generates saves that can be used by my harpsichord, but that isn't necessary.

Click on the picture below to see some results of what the script can do.

if anyone is interested in this, let me know. the code is still a bit buggy, but most of the bugs can be prevented/worked around.

Intresting,

and cute piano.

Holy stuff!
That's really cool

Can you play "Flourish.mid"?

That is loving awesome. and this can be done with any .midi? Why not try some from this site?

Flourish is not gonna work because of all the different sounds :/ Since I have to import all sounds to Blockland as sound packs, I would have to create lots of soundpacks. The songs which work the best are obviously songs written for piano or any other single instrument.

Flourish is not gonna work because of all the different sounds :/ Since I have to import all sounds to Blockland as sound packs, I would have to create lots of soundpacks. The songs which work the best are obviously songs written for piano or any other single instrument.
Can you do Freezey peak?

i've thought of making something like this for a long time, but the problem of ingame sound was always a problem i saw

for some reason it never occured to me i could actually put sounds into the game

A+

Here's a second test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1FBFX8tXzY

It's a bit of a nostalgia trip :D

edit: crap, I just realized the compression screwed up parts of the sound :S
you still get the point. Imagine how good the replay is when my 40-year old pc doesn't have to struggle with the recording software at the same time :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:49:27 PM by King Leo »

This looks and sounds so awesome! Does it use a program to convert it to events or is it all done in Blockland?

Edit: So it uses Python scripting to convert it... interesting.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:57:39 PM by WALDO »