Author Topic: Brick Quick Scroll  (Read 2476 times)

Do you get annoyed when you accidentally select the wrong brick and have to open the brick selector back up? Are you sick of clicking buttons and swapping things around to correct simple mistakes? Is the lack of efficiency of having to navigate back through that maze of bricks you've downloaded just to be able to get the right one tearing your life apart?

Well, despair no longer, because there's a better way! Brick Quick Scroll is a client-sided add-on that allows you to scroll through bricks using only your mouse wheel.

Download

How do I use it?
1. Bind a key to the brick scroll command in the options menu.
2. Press and hold the key. You should notice the brick indicator change color.
3. Scroll with your mouse wheel until you come to the desired brick.

I'm confused..
With this add-on you aren't scrolling through the bar on the bottom of the screen (like you always could), you are changing the current brick to different ones from the brick selector by scrolling your mouse. The 'brick indicator' is the active brick image, it turns white for the current brick you are using (it's there by default). When you hold down the key to activate quick scroll, it will change color.

For example, if I was currently using a 1x1 brick and wanted a 1x5 but didn't have it in my 'cart', I would hold down the quick scroll key and scroll my mouse wheel up a few times - instead of going through the selector to replace it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:13:02 AM by dUMBELLS »

Wait I'm confused, what is being scrolled by the mousewheel now that wasn't before?

Also what is "the brick indicator?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:04:11 PM by Nexus »

Words cannot explain how helpful I will find this.

What I'd find useful are tags on the scroll bar indicating new categories, so a simple drag of the bar to the desired tick on the scroll would bring you to the desired category.

I could have sworn the brick menu scrolled with the mouse wheel already.

Wait I'm confused, what is being scrolled by the mousewheel now that wasn't before?

Also what is "the brick indicator?"

With this add-on you aren't scrolling through the bar on the bottom of the screen (like you always could), you are changing the current brick to different ones from the brick selector by scrolling your mouse. The 'brick indicator' is the active brick image, it turns white for the current brick you are using (it's there by default). When you hold down the key to activate quick scroll, it will change color.

For example, if I was currently using a 1x1 brick and wanted a 1x5 but didn't have it in my 'cart', I would hold down the quick scroll key and scroll my mouse wheel up a few times - instead of going through the selector to replace it.

What I'd find useful are tags on the scroll bar indicating new categories, so a simple drag of the bar to the desired tick on the scroll would bring you to the desired category.

That's a neat suggestion, I'll look into it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:20:44 AM by dUMBELLS »

Ingenious! Totally trying this out.

Cool,
Also
/Noreserved!

Why would someone need to reserve a 766 letter post when the max character count is 20000.

Oh, I get it now.

Totally freaking genius.

So if you have a 1x1f and use this, would it scroll through all the flat bricks? And if you have a ramp brick or something, would it scroll through all of those type of bricks?
Sounds cool, then you'd only need one flat in your inventory.

it would be even better if when you press and hold the keybind it automatically displays a pop up that shows the two bricks you can scroll to in one motion.

even better you would be able to customize how many bricks they show.

Wow this is really really useful, good job

this is a pretty good idea