Author Topic: What the forget steam  (Read 751 times)

I had so much respect for Steam because of how they do business and everything but I just lost a little respect. I have had Gmod forever and as most of you already know they have been letting everyone play the beta version of 13. You would expect that when they release it they release it as an update but nope, I have to pay again to get gmod 13. Seriously with this?

Locking because of misunderstanding
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:14:12 PM by (Fallen) »

I had so much respect for Steam because of how they do business and everything but I just lost a little respect. I have had Gmod forever and as most of you already know they have been letting everyone play the beta version of 13. You would expect that when they release it they release it as an update but nope, I have to pay again to get gmod 13. Seriously with this?
The gmod beta is over. Update your gmod and run 13.

If you didn't pay for the original Garry's Mod, you don't get 13 for free. That's just how it works. You don't get an update without the game.

Erm... Yeah.  The beta was free, the final version is not free.  This isn't a decision on Steam's part either.

1. If you're fussing over about Gmod 13, talk to Garry Newman about that.
2. Garry's Mod 11 (The original one) updates automatically if you have it, you don't have to buy it again..

Erm... Yeah.  The beta was free, the final version is not free.

Hold up what.
This doesn't apply if I already have GMOD and have paid for it/had it gifted because I'm a cheap bastard, right?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:06:44 PM by xxxxkill »

Don't feel like you're obliged to free things from people.

If you didn't pay for the original Garry's Mod, you don't get 13 for free.
what if you had it gifted to you?

If you had Garry's Mod 12 it will automatically update to 13. If you haven't had Gmod 12 ever, you will not get a copy of 13 for free.

Technically the same as buying it.

As long as you had the game in your library, you got the update for free. GMOD 13 is just the name of the update, it isn't a separate game and you don't have to pay any extra.

Hold up what.
This doesn't apply if I already have GMOD and have paid for it/had it gifted because I'm a cheap bastard, right?
I have no clue, I have Gmod but I don't know what's the standing on that, but simply put, an open beta is free and a final product is not.  This is universally agreeable upon.

I have no clue, I have Gmod but I don't know what's the standing on that, but simply put, an open beta is free and a final product is not.  This is universally agreeable upon.

The open beta was for people to test it out, the final beta is free in the sense that if you already had garry's mod, when open beta ended you got the final product as an update.

Oh I feel handicapped. Sorry guys just realized that 13 Beta is over and that its updated locking