Author Topic: 2012/10/29 - Blockland r1753  (Read 40302 times)

One of the recent updates appears to have broken checkpoints and personal spawns for some servers that are running lots of addons. Furthermore, Legacy Doors is forcibly breaking JVS on dedicated servers, even when Support_Doors and Support_LegacyDoors have been deleted. Is there an easier way to do this?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:18:22 PM by YourBuddyBill »

One of the recent updates appears to have broken checkpoints and personal spawns for some servers that are running lots of addons. Furthermore, Legacy Doors is forcibly breaking JVS on dedicated servers, even when Support_Doors and Support_LegacyDoors have been deleted. Is there an easier way to do this?
Re-install BL and update it.

Make sure nothing in your Blockland folder is Read Only.

Badspot

• Administrator
One of the recent updates appears to have broken checkpoints and personal spawns for some servers that are running lots of addons.

I am not responsible for add-ons that interfere with the default functions of the game.  I recommend running with minimal add-ons.

Furthermore, Legacy Doors is forcibly breaking JVS on dedicated servers, even when Support_Doors and Support_LegacyDoors have been deleted. Is there an easier way to do this?

Deleting a default add-on is not a valid solution.  It will be restored the next time you run the launcher.  Making the Blockland folder read only or bypassing the launcher is not a valid way of running the game.  Anyone who bypasses the launcher or makes the game folder read only in order to modify the default game files or prevent updates is completely on their own for tech support.  Please do not post for help on the forum if you are doing this. 

To use JVS:
  • Enable JVS_Content
  • Disable Support_LegacyDoors

To use Legacy Doors:
  • Disable JVS_Content
  • Enable Support_LegacyDoors

I have tested this several times on local and dedicated servers. 

I am not responsible for add-ons that interfere with the default functions of the game.  I recommend running with minimal add-ons.

Deleting a default add-on is not a valid solution.  It will be restored the next time you run the launcher.  Making the Blockland folder read only or bypassing the launcher is not a valid way of running the game.  Anyone who bypasses the launcher or makes the game folder read only in order to modify the default game files or prevent updates is completely on their own for tech support.  Please do not post for help on the forum if you are doing this. 

To use JVS:
  • Enable JVS_Content
  • Disable Support_LegacyDoors

To use Legacy Doors:
  • Disable JVS_Content
  • Enable Support_LegacyDoors

I have tested this several times on local and dedicated servers. 

Problem fixed itself and deleted the config folder in the process.
Part of the issue was apparently the addon list

my default doors refuse to open or close. I have them installed with support_doors checked and all manner of activating jvs_content and support_legacy doors
i realize that i have been doing the second part wrong but even with both disabled and only support doors and the doors themselves they still do not open or close.
the toggle event is there and everything

When is the shader glitch going to be fixed? I mean, the one that causes all emitters to be black squares and turns everything ridiculously dark? This didn't happen to me before r1730, before then I could run shaders just fine.

Did you guys notice that if you apply the pearl effect on for example a red skull the eyes turn red? Could be useful for making the skulls blink. Just wanted you guys to know.

I have noticed that when you place a door, it works just fine, but when you hit it with a wrench and observe the events, the input is "OnPlayerTouch", and it reverts to exactly that. However, if you don't check the events, where "OnActivate" seems applied, and save the build, then reload, it once again reverts to "OnPlayerTouch".

Badspot

• Administrator
When is the shader glitch going to be fixed? I mean, the one that causes all emitters to be black squares and turns everything ridiculously dark? This didn't happen to me before r1730, before then I could run shaders just fine.

I doesn't happen to me, so I guess never.

I doesn't happen to me, so I guess never.
badspot Hungers for a screenshot and a console log, if he doesn't he gets regular misspellings.

Badspot

• Administrator
I have noticed that when you place a door, it works just fine, but when you hit it with a wrench and observe the events, the input is "OnPlayerTouch", and it reverts to exactly that. However, if you don't check the events, where "OnActivate" seems applied, and save the build, then reload, it once again reverts to "OnPlayerTouch".

This does not happen for me. 

Happens on dedicated servers.

is it possible for future support of multiple environments for a server? there could be a way to "set" environments from 0-9 and events for a client to switch them. they would all be running off the same day/night time. this would be great for having multiple zones like an icy environment for the top of a mountain or a dark one for when you enter a cave.

it wouldnt seem to consume additional resources since your just sending new info for the client to render, they arent rendering multiple environments at once.

is it possible for future support of multiple environments for a server? there could be a way to "set" environments from 0-9 and events for a client to switch them. they would all be running off the same day/night time. this would be great for having multiple zones like an icy environment for the top of a mountain or a dark one for when you enter a cave.

it wouldnt seem to consume additional resources since your just sending new info for the client to render, they arent rendering multiple environments at once.
Best suggestion I've seen yet.

That.

Actually seems like a good idea.