Author Topic: Max4344 now uses Windows 8  (Read 1049 times)

I now use it. Ask me anything.
And its Pretty Awesome. No touchscreen.

do you like cheeseburgers?

Do you plan on getting a touch screen anytime soon, and windex.

Could someone please tell me why does everyone use third person like that in titles? I always end up thinking "why is this guy posting for somebody?" lol

Do you plan on getting a touch screen anytime soon, and windex.
Yes I do on plan to get a touch screen.
And IE10 has autocorrect :o

And IE10 has autocorrect :o
its not like it's been done in every browser since the beginning of time or anything

wait did ie9 not have autocorrect

too bad autocorrect doesn't correct People Who Type Like This

Could someone please tell me why does everyone use third person like that in titles? I always end up thinking "why is this guy posting for somebody?" lol
because it's so different!!

niven convinced me to jump on to windows 8.  I got the discount code to get it for $15 but I'm going to hesitate on it until I make good preparations with backups.

its not like it's been done in every browser since the beginning of time or anything

wait did ie9 not have autocorrect
It had spellcheck but not Autocorrect.
Firefox didn't too.
too bad autocorrect doesn't correct People Who Type Like This
Its a habit I am trying to brake.

Windows 8 is just Windows 7 with tablet function and the start button removed.

frys is selling it here locally for $85 but for the OEM copy only.

frys is selling it here locally for $85 but for the OEM copy only.
Its 70 bucks at Best buy
Windows 8 is just Windows 7 with tablet function and the start button removed.
Its more than that.
because it's so different!!

niven convinced me to jump on to windows 8.  I got the discount code to get it for $15 but I'm going to hesitate on it until I make good preparations with backups.
I say go for it. I used to hate the new interface. Turns out its the next best thing.

IIts more than that.
Big Squares. Some software and code in the background that one day prevent the installation of 3rd party software such as Linux. A slightly faster load up. A classic Desktop mode without the start button. Oh yeah and the ability to play xbox stuff(if you pay for xbox live).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:08:46 AM by Harm94 »

Its 70 bucks at Best buyIts more than that.I say go for it. I used to hate the new interface. Turns out its the next best thing.
like I told Niven, I will but probably not until I get a 1080p monitor for my desktop.  Getting tired of 1440x900 for my main display.