Author Topic: How much is the "life long sentence" of jail time in your country?  (Read 1477 times)

Title.

The "life long sentence" is the good old 100 years of jail time a person can usually get from homicide and killing people. But in some countries instead of 100 years it can be less. Last time i checked it's about 12 years in my country (Finland).

I always thought it was until they died.

That means that in an average lifetime you can commit 4-5 murders in Finland1!1!!11!

12 years isn't your entire life, wtf

Life long sentence means until death in my country.
Edit: I just looked it up for USA, and it says 20 - 25 years on most sites.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:46:31 AM by WyWy5000 »

I've always thought it to mean 25 years here, though I don't recall ever having actual evidence of this.

American Justice system is weird.

People can be sentenced 400 years in prision, but they don't just say "Life"

Life long sentence means until death in my country.
Edit: I just looked it up for USA, and it says 20 - 25 years on most sites.

life sentence in the us is literally life, what are you talking about

life sentence in the us is literally life, what are you talking about
I'm not talking about anything, I'm talking for the sites I looked at. Why don't you take time to search it.

What happens if you die and they revive you? Do they just open the door and say "Have a nice day!"?

Quote from: Wikipedia
Life imprisonment is legal in Belgium and is the most severe punishment available under Belgian law since the abolishment of the death penalty. It can only be imposed for murder. Inmates sentenced life imprisonments are eligible to apply for parole after serving 10 years, or 16 years if the person is repeat offender or recidivist. If the parole court rejects the parole, the inmate can continuously apply every year.

i think its about 14 years in my country

What happens if you die and they revive you? Do they just open the door and say "Have a nice day!"?

If you mean heart stops and then starts pumping, I don't think that they'll let you go, but at least fetch to a hospital.

If you die, (Stops to breath and that) you cannot be revived... There is no extra life's in this "server".

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

You don't die.