Author Topic: The controversy of whale love mechanics (SFW)  (Read 3296 times)

My opining on various scientific articles and videos (or those with a lack thereof that are just pretending to be scientific) have gotten me into various personal arguments before, but this one is particularly interesting.

Now, for those of you who have studied biology, you may have come into contact with some interesting facts. For examples, that whales have remnants of legs in their bodies. Pretty cool huh? Whales have bones inside their bodies that resemble legs their evolutionary ancestors most likely had. They are near where legs used to be, and have similar shapes, which point to them being evolutionary "left-overs" similar to our now less-vital organ the Appendix.

However, this may have changed. I have run into someone who has challenged this. This person says they were an A student, fifth in their class. Practically a genius. When I mentioned "whale legs":

Quote from: Untitled
You can believe that they used to be hind legs, but there is no denying that they are used for reproduction
Quote from: Me
Prove it.
Quote from: Untitled
Oh come on, how do you think Whales manage it? Do they just flap their fins and try desperately to stay in place? They can't use their tails to stay in place because they're already using those for other things. They need another way of staying still.

Now, I don't have too much on this subject. My current science class is Physics, and I'm doing well in it, but Marine Biology would probably get me a better understanding of this, so I'm not sure whether I'm up-to-date on the science now. Anyone here know the truth behind this? I'm honestly curious now whether or not those bones are still in use. Detailed videos of whales having love would be informative, but this forum has rules and I'd rather keep away from that corner of the internet.

big floppy whale dong

oh my god what is this pls tell

big floppy whale dong
ohhhhh,,,,,,............ hyooooooooooogggggg
me cuming^

is it bigger than a horse's snake?

Some snakes use their vestigial leg things for tickling the partner during courtship and mating. Maybe whales are similar?

is it bigger than a horse's snake?
Nooo...Probably a bit smaller than a humans.

is bad that I laughed?

I find this hard to believe.

Based on a whale's size, whales have micro-snakees?

That's way too deep to actually do anything.  How exactly would the bones do anything way in there?

It was my understanding that whales swim facing each other, belly to belly, and use their front flippers to grasp each other. This is how they stay ahold of each other. I'm pretty sure this is the case with Blue Whales and with other varieties.

Just suggesting that these bones are used for holding each other can't be considered evidence.
Aren't these bones deep inside a whale and tiny? It's like me using my intestines to carry my shopping. It doesn't protrude at all.
The large front flippers, which they do wrap around each other, provides much more support than tiny bones at the back.

I find this hard to believe.

Based on a whale's size, whales have micro-snakees?
snake size is proportional to body size(In most cases), and a whale is huge....you do the math.