I'm never getting a Microsoft mouse or keyboard again

Author Topic: I'm never getting a Microsoft mouse or keyboard again  (Read 2058 times)

I've had this mouse less than a year and it's already gone to stuff.
1) Scroll wheel is either too sensitive or not sensitive enough - In any game I play where you use the scrollwheel to scroll weapons, I always overshoot the weapon or undershoot it, so it takes twice as long to do such a simple task.
2) Collects a lot of dirt - I wash my hands every time I go to the bathroom and every time I eat but apparently that's not enough. The mouse gets coated in crusty gray stuff I believe is from my hands and I have to rub it off every few hours.
3) Poor scroll wheel coating - Microsoft could of just made the wheel one piece but nope. The wheel has a rubber covering that doesn't even fit it and it causes it to get stuck when scrolling.
4) Poor connection - This goes for the keyboard also. If I move the mouse more than 4 inches beside my keyboard it completely cuts out, causing really jerky movement and clicking. The keyboard looses connection whenever it feels like it.
5) Poor treading  - So in order for Microsoft to make it softer, they use a rubber that peels off from itself. Just from my thumb and ring finger being in contact with it, I've already wore down 3 layers.

1/10 Has 3 month battery life, which is the only good thing about it.

imo forget that stuff.

Best two wireless mice/keyboards I've ever used are the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard & Mouse 3000 and 5000. They do not collect dust, the wheel works fine if you have the software, and the added buttons are placed well. I have had no problems with them. I am a happy customer.

Some of them do suck though.

Best two wireless mice/keyboards I've ever used are the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard & Mouse 3000 and 5000
That's the exact keyboard and mouse I have, but I guess I got a stufftier version.

That's the exact keyboard and mouse I have, but I guess I got a stufftier version.
You must have. I love mine so much. Make sure you have the proper software installed.

i've had a ~20$ microsoft mouse for over three years and it works perfectly

I use a Microsoft wireless mouse

1) The scroll wheel has no stops, it can just continue scrolling, which is annoying in games because i also tend to over/undershoot weapons i'm looking for
2) Haven't had dirt issues
3) The scroll wheel getting stuck from the rubber got annoying so i just cut off the rubber and did away with it
4) I only have issues with it dying out due to it's dying battery, but there are times where the sensor on the bottom may start glitching and cause the mouse movements be all jerky
5) The rubber on both sides of the mouse started to come off and it was irritating, so i took those off too, now it's less irritating

Microsft's mouses are like, god tier, man!

how to fix your problems:

get a microsoft wireless optical mouse 2000

scroll wheel has ridges to stop overshooting

gathers no stuff!!

works perfectly 10/10 i have had mine for 6 years and ive needed to only change the batteries about once every half a year

how to fix your problems:

get a microsoft wireless optical mouse 2000

scroll wheel has ridges to stop overshooting

gathers no stuff!!

works perfectly 10/10 i have had mine for 6 years and ive needed to only change the batteries about once every half a year
Should I replace my Magic Mouse with this mouse?

Speaking of stuffty mice...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Onn-Wireless-Optical-Mouse/16794999
I paid 15 dollars for this and the forgeter didnt even last 24 hours

Are we talking about the stuff we use?
I use a Razer DeathAdder mouse and a cheap 10 dollar dell keyboard

noobs get on my level

i use mo56uoa

probably my favorite mouse of all time, i collect them.

I use trackball mice, because my desk space is amazingly limited.
They tend to wear out faster and such, but I love them.

Also

Logitech <3

That sucks :/

I've never purchased a Microsoft mouse or keyboard, but I suggest if you buy another keyboard, don't buy from Razer. I know Razer looks nice, but their keyboards aren't any good(as far as I've used them, had two and they both have really hard keys, like you have to really hit your finger on the key to make it register sometimes). I've heard good things about Cherry brand keyboards.

I use this lovey-ass keyboard. You don't know typing until you've done it on a mechanical keyboard.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:38:19 PM by allyorbase »