Author Topic: Wooden Cabin - Camping RP  (Read 3805 times)

Really nice house. The interior of the first floor looks underfurnished, though.
Some of the trees look small, and the terrain could definitely use some work.

Overall I'd give this a 6/10. Nice stuff, but a few things need improvement.

To wooden.

I freaking love, amazing job. :cookie:

I love how you did the stone bottom and wooden top, like a real cabin should be.
Reminds me of Wisconsin Dell's Hotel, oh it was fun.
Add a pool table and you're set.

hey a decent build for once.

This level of skill is a good base for an artist. Now that you can build something decent, you can start experimenting and creating personal crazy ass things that define you.
I can say this only because you don't seem as full of yourself and well-established as most people round here.

If you run out of ideas, just keep googling. There is so much inspiration to find.
e.g., some of what I found today:
http://i.imgur.com/Ma4ox.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XWzD6.jpg ( http://i.imgur.com/vr7rW.jpg )
http://i.imgur.com/p3xTf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YhbxZ.jpg
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:52:57 PM by Nymethus »

This looks really damn good.
EDIT: Ignore that other thing I posted

hot
should be an official lego set

Overall I'd give this a 6/10.
Why can't people stop giving these builds 6/10's and crappy builds 10/10's?
not that you gave a crappy build a 10/10

This is too hawt to be used in a camping RP.

Here is some constructive criticism because it seems there's not much being given to you.

The front facade is very well designed with the mixture of stone for the base and wood for the main floor. The exterior colours blend well with each other and provides a royal feel to it yet maintaining the cabin feel. The front exterior may look fantastic, but the rest of the build does not.

There is no transition between the striped wallpaper and the plain coloured wallpaper. To add to the mess, the striped wallpaper towers over all the furniture and even reaches to the top of a door arch. The use of such a strong tone of blue in the blue room creates an unappealing contrast between the colours of the furniture and the colour of the wall. Don't use striped wallpaper unless you know how to do it correctly. Most people don't.

The furniture throughout the interior looks fantastic and provide a realistic look. Job well done on that. The furniture looks nice, but the rooms don't. Each room is far too spacious and it looks like every piece of furniture is its own continent, very detached from the others.

The back has no design to it at all. I understand that it's easy to be inspired and create an amazing front facade and lose all motivation and inspiration to design a beautiful back in the process.

Although there are many faults in your build (specifically the interior design), it's a lot better than most peoples'!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:10:33 AM by MrCookie »

Each room is far too spacious and it looks like every piece of furniture is its own continent, very detached from the others.
The guy who bought the furniture thought it was a literal "cabin", not a wooden mansion :cookieMonster: [/joke]

Loved this back when ATFclan let you host this c:
Won a couple contest methinks too.

Good build..

Mountains are ok...

Forest could use some work.

When is the server up?

I'm afraid I won't be able to host it ATM, I'd really love too but I've had problems with my router since 2008. Some updates have made it possible for me host, and made it not possible. It's some really strange stuff that bothers the crap out of me. However, when it works you can be sure the Camping RP will be up :)

Loved this back when ATFclan let you host this c:
Won a couple contest methinks too.

Hehe, thanks :D. I'd like to see you back on again

Mountains are ok...

Forest could use some work.

I won't make the mountains more detailed, because of the limits of others, but I will add caves and hidden stuff for people to explore. The Forest looks indeed very dull and boring, and I'm afraid that is going to be like that, it's so people actually can build on the ground without being too crowded with trees around them, and it's flat so people can build there without my permission. I'll switch over to Fob's treepack when he can get the damn link to his saves to work again :P

Here is some constructive criticism because it seems there's not much being given to you.

The front facade is very well designed with the mixture of stone for the base and wood for the main floor. The exterior colours blend well with each other and provides a royal feel to it yet maintaining the cabin feel. The front exterior may look fantastic, but the rest of the build does not.

The back really did become plain didn't it? I will try and fix that by adding some elements that will make it less of a repetitive wall.

There is no transition between the striped wallpaper and the plain coloured wallpaper. To add to the mess, the striped wallpaper towers over all the furniture and even reaches to the top of a door arch. The use of such a strong tone of blue in the blue room creates an unappealing contrast between the colours of the furniture and the colour of the wall. Don't use striped wallpaper unless you know how to do it correctly. Most people don't.

The wallpaper in the bedroom didn't fit too good but from my own opinion I think the green transition looks rather good.
I'll try another wallpaper on the bedroom and I JUST noticed that I forgot the white under- and topline which you can see
on the room with green wallpaper.

The furniture throughout the interior looks fantastic and provide a realistic look. Job well done on that. The furniture looks nice, but the rooms don't. Each room is far too spacious and it looks like every piece of furniture is its own continent, very detached from the others.

The room layout are done poorly and It's all because I was too lazy. I simply just pasted the furniture along the wall on
the rooms (with the exceptions of a few rooms), and that has to be redone.

The back has no design to it at all. I understand that it's easy to be inspired and create an amazing front facade and lose all motivation and inspiration to design a beautiful back in the process.

Although there are many faults in your build (specifically the interior design), it's a lot better than most peoples'!

I didn't really think about the back of the cabin at all, so I'll have to remove and add something new to that.
Thank you very much for your criticism, it'll help me a lot to improve on this and future buildings.

Thank you all so much for all your warm words as well as good criticism, I really appreciate it!

Sorry for the uberlong reply but I want to reply to as many as possible. Hope you'll understand :)

Holy.. at first I thought it was just another person that made a average cabin.. O.o this is awesome.

HOLY ............... maybe I shouldn't say it oh well this is just awsome 9/10 for the pics sense only one pic with shadows and shaders but 10/10 for the build itself