Author Topic: My small little rant- "So-so didn't kill someone, so and so did!"  (Read 722 times)

If you don't understand the title, I hate when people say "Obama didn't kill Osama Bin Laden!" or something similar.

Its like saying Riddler didn't kill 17 million people of varying races and religions, yet he did. He was the person who fired the gun, and the people who followed his ways were the gun.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

The same idea can be applied when Bin Laden was killed. Obama, although YES, he didn't "actually kill Bin Laden', without his leadership, we might NOT have killed Bin Laden. So, this is why I believe that he was the person who fired the gun, and SEAL team 6 were the gun. To put it into context, Obama sent the order to kill Bin Laden, while SEAL team six went into, YES, kill Bin Laden. And YES, I know I'm contradicting myself here, but I hope that you get my point.

It can be applied in other leaders as well. Stalin, President Truman, etc, etc.

Stalin: He killed millions of people as well, and in a way I think he started to shoot a gun and let it keeping firing

President Truman: Authorized the dropping of the atomic bomb, but in my eyes it save a lot more lives then just invading Japan altogether

Riddler: Killed somewhere I believe 17 million people, he starting firing the gun and the people who followed him were his "ammo" in a way.

I understand that people will ultimately disagree with me, but I just wanted to spit it out.

yyyep

tbh i think the argument is just made for obama so they don't have to agree he did something 'good'

The people who reject the metaphorical meaning of 'killing someone' are the same people who get into debates about metaphysics and philosophy when someone tells them their favorite band sucks.

Though I actually agree with you I just want to bring up the fact that people can think for themselves and don't have to listen to their leaders.

If Riddler's army never listened to him, then Riddler never would have killed anyone.  It was a conscious decision made by the people who actually did the killing.  I can go around and tell people to kill other people, but they won't because it's wrong.  Now if people start listening to me does it make me a murderer?

he was president while it happened but i dont think he put the plan into action lol

Thank goodness someone finally said this

Though I actually agree with you I just want to bring up the fact that people can think for themselves and don't have to listen to their leaders.

If Riddler's army never listened to him, then Riddler never would have killed anyone.  It was a conscious decision made by the people who actually did the killing.  I can go around and tell people to kill other people, but they won't because it's wrong.  Now if people start listening to me does it make me a murderer?
Because I'm content with arguing with myself, I'd like to say that you can also think that without the order to kill people, then those people never would have died in the first place.

it still applies, though, because you made the intent of killing someone or a group of people.

people listening to you is the same as a bullet successfully hitting your target. you missing your target is the same as people ignoring you.

The people who reject the metaphorical meaning of 'killing someone' are the same people who get into debates about metaphysics and philosophy when someone tells them their favorite band sucks.
Damn you, you've one-upped my response before I could even make it.

it still applies, though, because you made the intent of killing someone or a group of people.

people listening to you is the same as a bullet successfully hitting your target. you missing your target is the same as people ignoring you.
People can choose what to do and bullets can not, there's a large difference.

People can choose what to do and bullets can not, there's a large difference.
this is true, but that i'm saying is that Riddler should've never actually attempted to persuade all of those people to do his bidding. his action of persuasion is the act of pulling the trigger, and his ability to aim is his ability to persuade.

he was president while it happened but i dont think he put the plan into action lol
This. If I remember correctly Obama didn't send the OK to kill Osama or even know what was going on until they were already outside his compound, and then was all "lol okay go for it."

Correct me if I'm wrong.

This. If I remember correctly Obama didn't send the OK to kill Osama or even know what was going on until they were already outside his compound, and then was all "lol okay go for it."

Correct me if I'm wrong.
considering what his job actually is he probably gave the OK for the mission entirely