Was the statue of liberty intended for Egypt?

Author Topic: Was the statue of liberty intended for Egypt?  (Read 1310 times)

Forums quick, title, go!
/research and post findings

Subject brought up in history class, will be discussed tomorrow, I'm looking into it via my iphone

No, the french hate Egypt.

The Statue of Liberty was intended for the US when it was build. France gave it to us to symbolize our freedom from Britain, and our close ties with France.

http://www.citysightsny.com/page.php?id=98

http://www.worldtraveldirect.com/v/questions/27406/

Stories vary, a possibility seems to exist, are any of you actually looking into this or just hoping you know what your talking about. I know France made it, I know the sculptor, cost, etc, the question here is what significance does this have with Egypt in ANY way

Also, Egypt helped build the suez cbrown town, so the French appreciated that and to my understanding thus far, a statue was proposed for them.

Kid from Egypt in my class claims they didn't have the money to afford the purchasing of the statue, so it went to the US instead.

The Statue of Liberty was intended for the US when it was build. France gave it to us to symbolize our freedom from Britain, and our close ties with France.
I didn't make it up. I learned it in 9th grade Global class, and 11th grade US History as well.

No because Egypt doesn't have liberty.

France has one too we must be butt buddies

Since when does France have a Statue of Liberty?

Unless you mean the Eifle Tower, in which case is totally different

No.
Stop pretending you don't hate Egy[t, I've seen through your plan!

I learnt that France gave America the statue of liberty from Family Guy.
c:

Since when does France have a Statue of Liberty?

Unless you mean the Eifle Tower, in which case is totally different
France has always had a Statue of Liberty. It is right down the road from the Eiffel Tower in a small river. It faces directly at the Statue in NYC, and is around 15 feet tall. There is also another Statue of Liberty in France located in the Luxembourg Gardens I believe.

France has always had a Statue of Liberty. It is right down the road from the Eiffel Tower in a small river. It faces directly at the Statue in NYC, and is around 15 feet tall. There is also another Statue of Liberty in France located in the Luxembourg Gardens I believe.