Author Topic: Short Story (Doctor Who Themed)  (Read 606 times)

So this is a little story I wrote. It's about half a page and I based it on this picture:

I've been working on my writing skills recently and I want some possible writing tips and critique. Also if anyone knows about a good writing blog where I could post this and get critique that would be great.

White and Blue
It was the first snowfall of the year, and I was glad I was home for it. It was christmas break and our living room was being heated by the fire. There were only three days left until christmas. We had a tree, and stockings, and the whole family was here. There were no ornaments on the tree though, we always left that until christmas eve.

The snow wasn’t thick enough to do anything, like sledding, so I went for a walk. I walked to the end of the driveway and crossed the street into the forest. All the leaves had fallen off the trees and everything was covered with an inch of snow. There was no green, the only colors were brown and white.

I came to a small stream, it would have been easy to step over but I stood there instead. My fingers were starting to go numb and I was about to go back inside when there was shouting. My head turned just in time to see a light brown coat disappear over the hill.

“Hey!” I yelled “Who are you? Why are you running?”

There was no response, I began running up the hill. As I was running there was this strange noise. I knew the noise from somewhere. I came to the top of the hill and looked down.

There was a dark blue police box sitting there.
I watched as the sound and the box faded away. There was a small square where the box had been . I stood there mesmerized by what had just happened. Eventually, snow began to fall and I walked home.

I realize that this probably isn't the best place to put this but I don't really have a better one. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:53:47 PM by Hazmat »

TIMELORDS
Idk, pretty good, I cant write like that.
Nice.

It's a good SHORT story. Quite descriptive, and gives the reader a good picture of what is going on. The story itself i find to be well written for being a short story. Overall I am fairly impressed.

lol why would someone just start chasing a guy running
what a weirdo

lol why would someone just start chasing a guy running
what a weirdo
PREDATORY INSTINCT
OUR DEAR MAIN CHARACTER IS A MASS OF NERVES, TESTOSTERONE, AND PURE ANIMAL

PREDATORY INSTINCT
OUR DEAR MAIN CHARACTER IS A MASS OF NERVES, TESTOSTERONE, AND PURE ANIMAL

He was later charged with 10 counts of rape and 21 counts of assault.