Poll

Do yout think Blockland is a copy of Minecraft and Roblox?

Yes
Just Minecraft
Just Roblox
No

Author Topic: Blockland - A Copy of Minecraft and Roblox? If you think so...YOU'RE STUPID!  (Read 13561 times)

I've been looking around the internet, and people keep on saying that Blockland is a copy of Roblox and Minecraft.  This really needs to be discussed.

I have found some strong evidence that proves that this isn't true, and that it might actually be the other way around:
- Blockland came out in 2004, Minecraft came out in 2009 and Roblox came out in 2006.
- I could see people saying that Blockland is a copy of Roblox, but, "Roblox came out in 2005" "Blockland came out in 2004."  If anything, Roblox is a copy of Blockland.
- Minecraft is more centered on survival, Blockland is more centered on building and Roblox...I played it for five minutes and didn't get the point.
- On Blockland and Roblox, you can choose many differently shaped bricks, paint them any color and give them awesome effects.  On Minecraft, there's one block shape with different textures.
- Notice that any game that has "BLOCKS" is considered to be a copy of Minecraft...*sigh*
- Blockland has awesome textures, Minecraft is just a bunch of pixels and Roblox has the worst textures I've ever seen.
- On Roblox, you have to join servers threw the website, Blockland has a server list and you have to type in the I.P. address in Minecraft.
- Blockland has an add-on system, Minecraft will SOON have a modding A.P.I and as far as I know, Roblox as no modding A.P.I. or add-on system.
- Designing your Minecraft avatar is somewhat confusing for noobs, designing your Blockland avatar is easy and you have to pay money to get stuff for your Roblox avatar.
- Blockland has an event system, Minecraft is "powered by redstone" and Roblox does nothing.
- Blockland and Minecraft, yes, both have shadows, but Roblox doesn't.
- Blockland and Minecraft, yes, both have a day/night cycle, but Blockland's is optional and Roblox doesn't have one at all.
- You can edit your Blockland world, but you can only edit your superflat world in Minecraft.  You can edit your Roblox world, but it's super confusing.
- Minecraft has "mobs" (living creatures, such as pigs or zombies, in-game), Blockland and Roblox don't.
- You can change your Minecraft difficulty, but not your Blockland or Roblox difficulty.
- Blockland and Roblox servers are completely free, but if you want mulitple servers up on Roblox, you must buy builder's club.
- They say Roblox is free...YEAH RIGHT!  That's actually only for minimal options.  You have to pay a fee if you want a lifetime membership will full options.  With Blockland and Minecraft, it's one payment.
- Minecraft had an indev stage, an alpha stage, a beta stage and is currently in retail stage.  Blockland only had a beta stage and is now in retail stage.  I believe that the retail Roblox was released irremediably.
- Minecraft has major updates (1 to 2), minor updates (1 to 1.1) and bug fix updates (1 to 1.0.1).  Blockland has revisions.  I don't even know if Roblox has updates.
- Blockland wasn't developed by a company, just Badspot, Kompressor, and a little help from Ephialtes and Rotondo.  Minecraft was developed by Mojang.  Roblox was developed by The Roblox Company.
- Minecraft has snapshots (pretty much pre-releases) for every minor or major version coming up.  Blockland doesn't.  I don't even know if Roblox has updates.

This is some pretty strong evidence.  So, if you still believe that Blockland is a copy of Minecraft or Roblox after you've read this, please go screw yourself.
Discuss this.  If anyone has any other strong evidence, I will add it to the list.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:36:58 PM by Clone2 »

For a seccond, I thought this was a thread about how it is a copy.

I was about to go ham

In my opinion, I think no one didn't copy no one at first.

this needs to be shoved in the face of every person who keeps claiming this.

sadly those people will still claim its a copy since most of them don't do their research, are stubborn idiots, or both.

For a seccond, I thought this was a thread about how it is a copy.

I was about to go ham
Changed the title.

this "needs" to be pinned

Anyone who believes it's bad for games or anything else to share cursory similarities like building mechanics needs to be shot anyway. It's this mindset that lead to patent trolling and all that's doing is stifling innovation (at worst, and causing a huge amount of unnecessary bullstuff at best)

What kind of idiot would think Blockland is a copy of Minecraft and Roblox?

Apparently, a lot of people, as I've done my research.

Minecraft and Roblox fanboys that don't search before making a comment.

- You can edit your Blockland world, but you can only edit your superflat world in Minecraft.  I'm not sure about Roblox.
- You have to pay money to have a Minecraft server up, a Blockland server is free and I'm not not sure about Roblox.
- Minecraft had an indev stage, an alpha stage, a beta stage and is currently in retail stage.  Blockland only had a beta stage and is now in retail stage.  I believe that the retail Roblox was released irremediably.
- Minecraft has major updates (1 to 2), minor updates (1 to 1.1) and bug fix updates (1 to 1.0.1).  Blockland has revisions.  I don't even know if Roblox has updates.
- Minecraft has snapshots (pretty much pre-releases) for every minor or major version coming up.  Blockland doesn't.  I don't even know if Roblox has updates.
With these few parts of the list, I need a little bit more information about Roblox, since I just played it for five minutes, got bored and went back to Blockland.

With these few parts of the list, I need a little bit more information about Roblox, since I just played it for five minutes, got bored and went back to Blockland.
You don't have to pay for a server in Roblox, you need Builders Club for multiple servers though

You don't have to pay for a server in Roblox, you need Builders Club for multiple servers though
You need to pay to get non-crappy features is what hes saying.

You need to pay to get non-crappy features is what hes saying.
I know.  When they say "FREE", it's actually pretty much a demo, because to get REAL features, you have to pay either a weekly fee, a monthly fee, a yearly fee or a final fee of $399.99.

RBFan:"OMG U NUBS, BL CAME AFTER RB, GET LIFE!!!!"
BLPlayer:"No, you came after, dumb 8 year old."
MCUser:"MB FTW!!"
BLPlayer: "Where the forget did you come from?"
MCUser:"YOU 2 COPIED MC, YOU 2 SHOULD GET A LIFE!!!"
RBFan:"NU U CAME AFTER RB!!!!"
BLPlayer:"For once, the 8 year old is right."

Random converstation