Author Topic: Crazy What-If Situations: What if Jerusalem was suddenly destroyed?  (Read 1383 times)

This is a topic for crazy what-if situations. I probably won't make this a weekly deal, but I'd just like your opinions on what you think/what you would do if the crazy situations discussed were to happen.

This topic of discussion is: What if Jerusalem was suddenly destroyed?

And by destroyed, I mean pretty damn obliterated. Nothing is left, all rubble. Dome of the Rock, gone. Weeping Wall, gone. But what would happen? Israel, Hamas, and many other surrounding countries (not to mention other religions) have been trying to claim Jerusalem for so long. None were able to maintain it for a while, it seems (except right now Israel controls it mainly). But what would happen if it was suddenly...gone? In my opinion, I'd think people would go absolutely into religious fanatic chaos, trying to find a scapegoat to exert their anger towards. Yet nobody is to blame, say it was just destroyed by an unmarked missile. Would some find it as a sign?

Post your thoughts on what you think would happen. I'm curious. Sorry if I got some facts wrong, I'm no political expert that's supposed to know every detail on what is going on in the Middle East right now. Feel free to correct me.

There'd be panicking in the streets and Christians/Jews/Muslims everywhere would point to this as a sign of God's wrath.
Conspiracy theorists would blame Bush. WBC would blame homoloveuals.
Others would see it as a sign of the impending Mayan apocalypse.
America would likely go to war with someone.

We would lose a lot of history and there would be a lot of finger pointing and probably a war or two.

Side note: It's been done before.

Didn't the Ottoman Turks rebuild it?

Yes, but in the age of information I can see it as being much, much more catastrophic if a religious center like Jerusalem was destroyed.

People would celebrate.

I'd laugh my ass off at all these idiots and their handicapped religion bullstuff

I'd laugh my ass off at all these idiots and their handicapped religion bullstuff

My sides.

Yes, but in the age of information I can see it as being much, much more catastrophic if a religious center like Jerusalem was destroyed.
Yes. Someone would destroy it, someone would rebuild it, and someone 1000 years from now will look back and saw look at all the history we lost from that. Then they'll hop in their space car, kiss their robot wife goodbye and zoom off to work at Mars making nuclear batteries for laser guns and baby toys.

Someone create a massive ammount of antimatter so we can delete it in a large light

Nuclear bombs, nuclear bombs everywhere.

Nuclear bombs, nuclear bombs everywhere.
Nuclear bomb are boring

Play Civ5 w/ Gods&Kings and use hte "Renaisance" scenario. Then, be anyone and nuke jerusalem.

Personally, I was some egypt-like group, not Egypt though. I conquered Jerusalem fairly early game. Turkey got really mad, and I haven't made contact with any other civs yet.

There'd be panicking in the streets and Christians/Jews/Muslims everywhere would point to this as a sign of God's wrath.
Conspiracy theorists would blame Bush. WBC would blame homoloveuals.
Others would see it as a sign of the impending Mayan apocalypse.
America would likely go to war with someone.
This.