Do you not hate winter bite?

Yes, I do not
41 (46.6%)
No, I do
21 (23.9%)
I ain't not hate winter bite
26 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Winter Bite Ch.2 [Roleplay Server] *No Such Thing As Justice* - Check page 147  (Read 157459 times)

*Click here to go to the wiki*

...It's been two months since earth went to stuff. However, somewhere in Alaska, some still have hope.

You've probably guessed from the title or banner, but yes. Winter Bite is yet another Zombie RP. The first parts of the build have been complete and we are soon ready to being role-play. It's going to be a bumpy ride hosting the server, but it will all be worth it.

About The Server

Winter's Bite is a roleplay set in the zombie apocalypse. Your main goal is survival. If you've played the bluzone before, it will be familiar in a sense. The server uses the RPChat to make the roleplay more in-depth by being able to set your name (firstname lastname nickname), talk across a radio chat or local chat.
Winter Bite is an episodic roleplay. The story will play out through different chapters; each chapter opens up a new area (or new areas) to be explored. Events that happen in the roleplay can be affected by the roleplay's orientation, and actions reflect progression. There are currently only three areas to explore, but plans for new areas have already been made and will be released in the future to come. While the player is completely free to spend time killing zombies and collecting weapons, the server is almost completely focused around roleplay.

The server is almost sorted and should be ready for role-play this December. This server is hosted by Theportalmaster and Love's/IkeTheGeneric

Storyline

In 2009, a group of students made an astounding breakthrough in science. They invented advancements into nano technology, effectively finding a method to regenerate and/or clean human cells with a programmable serum which was unnamed. Realizing how much money could be made, a company named Latent decided to hire these students and sell the serums dubbed as "Genementers". Unfortunately for the students, Latent made it possible to mass-produce the Genementers easily, and they used a loophole to patent the design, and they fired the students.

Years of silence passed from the corporation, and people forgot about the technology.  However, in late 2012, Latent announced their new product, the Genementer. The product had the ability to alter a person at an extremely low level, across their entire body, allowing a user to cure even persistent diseases, such as cancers.  The product garnered huge amounts of media attention nearly immediately, and the corporation shipped it out in a rush.
Despite being expensive, it was still a huge success, selling hundreds of millions of copies around the world.  However, people started to abuse the injector to give themselves superhuman abilities, disregarding the device's original intentions. Governments began to worry, and eventually passed regulation on the injector, making non-government use of the Genementer illegal in most countries.  Citizens of the United States protested this law, forcing the government to repeal it, making the device legal once more in the United States, although regulated for use in athletic sports.  War became spontaneously more horrifying, as soldiers on both sides began using superhuman abilities granted by the Genementer in combat.
However, scientists discovered that the Genementer had been leaving traces of some sort of unknown infection in those who used it.  No one really knew what this meant, until November, when the infection started to affect people.  Those who were infected turned into mindless abominations, slaughtering people and spreading the infection.  The U.S. military survived, but remained motionless, until it gathered up any remaining survivors that it could find and retreated, leaving the world to rot.

No earlier than a month ago, a camp in Greenwood, Alaska was set up inside a radio station, but it's remained nearly empty. The group that set up, the Greenwood Bandits, discovered that Greenwood is much more than a place infested with the dead, in fact with much the opposite. Groups set up called the Republic and Modernizers wetre set almost two months before them. However, after recent evens with a man named Donny Pacino, the Modernizers discovered there is much more to the infection that they originally thought during a raid on his base. However, they won’t speak just yet. Now a new operation has commenced and both modernizers and republic are looking for recruits, but the bandits only see this as a chance for mass homicide.

The bandits managed to repair the radio tower, and they started sending signals out to whoever could receive them, looking for others to join them...

It all sucks, though, really.

Greenwood Bandits
Led by Timothy Grecking, the Greenwood Bandits are holed up in a radio station. They pride themselves in neutrality and are generally ignorant when it comes to the bigger game.

Modernizers
Led by Jennifer Regis and Mark Fox, the Modernizers are a group of geniuses and scientists bent on restoring the world in the name of science. They currently reside in an unknown location, beyond the highway.

Republic
Led by Gregory Roland, the Republic was a group of military veterans, greenwood civilians and AWOL soldiers. Most were massacred after a sabotage in their defenses, and the remaining ones are rebuilding their shelter in the forest.

Admin Team

The admin team is pretty big, but you can ask these people for help when you need it.

Over-Lords

Theportalmaster, BLID 3636 - The fearless leader of the server. Similar to Dennis Rodman's Pal, he has his advisor's. However, also like Dennis Rodman's Pal, he failed to launch the server just like the missile.  
IkeTheGeneric, BLID 18600 - Got the server launched. But does he even do anything now? No one really understands his existence in the server, but he's here.
Badger, BLID 23892 - Turned out everyone was terrible at building, so we decided to tell this guy to stop his own server to help us. Some reason it worked.
Snick0rz, BLID 15695 - Doesn't actually do anything but manage the wiki, but for some reason everyone votes him as best admin. I know, I don't get it either.

Kinda-Cool People

CakeQ, BLID 21841 - Was feeling so loney that he decided to build his own camp alone in the forest. Pretty unsocial.
Neth, BLID 25243 - His characters are always leaving the camp or going mental for attention; so we gave him attention through giving him admin.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:03:34 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

I love this server.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:06:40 AM by The Black Card »

Can't wait to play it!

I love the terrain, good job making this!

I will definitely play this

Cant wait, sounds great!

Winter Bite is a story based roleplay which is split into four different chapter. Here's a summary of all the important events that occurred in each chapter!

Chapter 1

• A radio signal is broadcasting from the station, hoping to gather survivors for the new group.
  • Many show up; much more than expected, bringing unseen issues to the area
  • The group raid the trailer park to deal with the bandits hidden in there; deal with a man by the name of bone-crusher and his friend
  • More dangers lurk around greenwood as odd psychopathics begin to show up
  • People only realise the danger they face as a psycho murders an innocent survivor, forcing the bandits to understand the bigger picture
  • A genementer victim known as a super-soldier arrives at the station and destroys the radio tower and roof of the storage building
  • The group barley manage to gun him down. The group also faces yet another psycho attack, but from a helicopter. They easily take it down
  • A secret tunnel through the sewers is discovered and is believed to be a crypt; a key for the door is given to a survivor, also refusing to open it
  • The unknown infection is rumoured to cause more than just zombies
  • The base is raided and crates of genementers are stolen
  • A man shows up at the greenwood station as a representative for the republic, explaining the existence of other groups. The bandits aren't alone.
  • After time passes, a woman by the name of Jennifer Regis arrives also making her group's existence, the modernizers, obvious.
  • A path leading to an estate on-top of the mountain was discovered
  • Strange lizard-like creatures begin roaming the surface as a psycho genius releases them
  • It's discovered that the republic had fallen, and the Greenwood Country was filled with super-soldiers and now-called mutalids
  • An Italian man by the name of Donny Pacino appears and takes hostage of several modernizer members which managed to be rescued
  • Enraged, Jennifer Regis calls wars against Donny and his men
  • A small heat-wave strikes Greenwood for a couple of days, confusing people about the major climate change
  • Donny sends men to take over the trailer park, which also bring many crates of supplies. With the help of the modernizers the bandits take it back and claim the park back before backup arrived
  • After gaining more trust, Jennifer opens the HQ so that bandits can enter
  • Due to the lack of enforcement, Timothy Grecking, leader of the bandits, creates the Greenwood Police with the help of Nathan Franc (GWP)
  • Tapes are discovered in the station after time passes on, Jennifer Regis taking most interest
  • The tapes show Donny's old group, The Green Mafia, owning both the territory of the caravan park and station
  • A man called Bonecrusher is put in charge of the caravan park as Donny remains fairly busy
  • It's discovered that the modernizers use to be a group apart of the republic, until they went rouge due to restrictions
  • Donny's men, The Green Mafia, accidentally shot down a military helicopter out of panic
  • Taking a break from the video, Jennifer goes to past locations and finds evidence for multiple things about Donny's links with Latent Corporation and his other bases
  • Through the video again, Donny's men were found to be pushed out of the area by the military. The coordinates to his main base were discovered
  • Back to reality, Donny destroys the defenses that keeps the bandits safe. Zombies and a blue mutalid rush in and destroy the station. Only one survivor helped, managing to kill the mutalid and survive
  • Camp Casa is set up, with the leader Kyras Dourne
  • The modernizers finish their new underground tunnel system
  • Work on rebuilding Greenwood Station begins
  • Jennifer finally recruits people willing to raid Donny, and leaves on a bus
  • Just as the modernizers leave, a mutated super-soldier arrives at the ruins of the station. With little defenses and less people than before, they only just manage to kill it
  • With possibly the last threat to enter the area dead and Donny's work to slowly come to an end, the bandits celebrate victory..

And then, there's the raid/ending itself. The events which took place were kept secret between Jennifer and the republic commanders, and little to no detail were revealed to the green army.

Chapter Two

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:36:35 PM by Theportalmaster »

Depends on whats happening new years/christmas eve.

I did something in this! :cookieMonster:

I also did something in this! By that I mean I just did encouragement. STILL COUNTS DAMNIT

Maybe this can be the new Bluzone..unlikely

*Looked at title*

YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!

Anyway, I cannot wait to RP! I've constructed a set of guidlines for myself, pertaining to my character roleplay and general roleplay, which I am wanting to field test.

I. Am. Pumped.  :cookieMonster:

Maybe this can be the new Bluzone..unlikely

sorry no this is me.