Author Topic: PDB - Planetary Defense Boat  (Read 2009 times)

Newest edition to the Tempest Fleet, the PDB's are designed to be like PT Boats in a sense, they are small, fast, and deadly. These things are built primarily for the defense of planetary interests of the fleet. They are launched in swarms from ground based mass drivers and then climb into the atmosphere to engage a hostile fleet with their Coil/Gauss Cannon that fires a three-ton solid kinetic slug and Anti-Ship Missiles. When they are finished, they simply re-enter the atmosphere, and land vertically at the bases they came from, and are recovered and set back down on the mass driver's rails, assuming they weren't eaten alive by fighters at anytime during that battle.

Pics:

Side overview. The things under the wings are missile pods, which contains a large, anti-ship missile.

Front view, here you can see the ship's Gauss Cannon in the nose.

This is a view of the ship's flare dispensers, they help throw off heat-seekers that have made a huge comeback in recent years.

Pilot's Seat view. I conveniently figured out that I could to make a transparent HUD.

Electronics Operator's seat. The EO's have full control over the missiles and other electronic systems.

Rate x/10

Oh, In case your wandering how these things fly in atmosphere, lets just say it comes down to massive amounts of thrust.

Pretty nice! The only thing i don't like is the steep drop of at the front. It needs to be more aero-dynamic.

Pretty nice! The only thing i don't like is the steep drop of at the front. It needs to be more aero-dynamic.
The steep drop in the front is also designed to fit the Gauss Cannon in it.

The steep drop in the front is also designed to fit the Gauss Cannon in it.
You could do something of this sort, for aerodynamics, and still have the Gauss Cannon.
(5 second build)

BOAT?
THIS IS NOT A BOAT.
OT:7/10

You could do something of this sort, for aerodynamics, and still have the Gauss Cannon.
(5 second build)

It's supposed to spend most of its time in space. If I make a version geared for atomspheric support, I'll make it more aerodynamic.

So those are the only bits of the interior?

6/10

Looks like an oversized fighter.

Sick build man.  You should beef up the wings.

Apparently I'm registered gunner, since I am among the top of his Noob-Friends.
Also, we may put a Doge between pilot and gunner, for they are awesome.

Wings are a bit too small but otherwise 7.5/10

I like this. Its a pretty cool design.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:06:16 AM by hgpucom »

Was expecting a rowboat with a large cannon on it.

This is good to. 9/10 the wings look flat.

Does that map have all the planets; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Urstar fish, and Neptune? Or is it just Earth. Also, plz link meh dat map.

About the build:
Very nice! :D Is this supposed to be some sort of security for Earth? 9/10. A bit bigger maybe.