Author Topic: What The forget Is South America Doing?  (Read 2305 times)

Brazil is getting big on the gaming and internet media market. They also make most of your sugar and coffee.

The dumbest blonde I know, I just texted her and asked here where South America is, she replied "Below Central America"
forget off
But, South America is below Central America?
You asked her where it is.
How exactly do you answer that without giving it relative to another location, unless you happen to know the exact co-ordinates of South America.
She could easily have said it's East of Australasia, West of Africa, North of Antarctica, South South-West of Europe.


If you're wondering how is it relevant then just look to Brazil for the next few years.

It will be hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2014, and Rio de Janeiro will be hosting the 2016 Summer Olympic Games.

Brazil itself is something like the sixth richest country in GDP and is one of the most rapidly growing economies.

Anyone who doesn't have any inkling at all as to how South America is relevant to the world in any ways is pretty much just ignorant.
Which considering the OP and the chat within, it's pretty obvious that there are ignorant people. Especially if they're as thick as to not know where the continents of the world are.

Some people say "south america" when they mention southern states at times.
Its not hard to understand my standpoint.
I've never heard anyone intelligent say "south america" when refering to the southern states of the USA before.
Because everyone knows that "south america" is the name of a continent. Why would you confuse those two?

Everyone I know refers to the south of the USA as "southern america", "southern USA" or "the southern states of the USA".

If you're wondering how is it relevant then just look to Brazil for the next few years.

It will be hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2014, and Rio de Janeiro will be hosting the 2016 Summer Olympic Games.

Brazil itself is something like the sixth richest country in GDP and is one of the most rapidly growing economies.

Anyone who doesn't have any inkling at all as to how South America is relevant to the world in any ways is pretty much just ignorant.
Which considering the OP and the chat within, it's pretty obvious that there are ignorant people. Especially if they're as thick as to not know where the continents of the world are.

Yeah I was about to say something like that

Brazil, Argentina, and Chile are actually pretty powerful nations

Well i knew about the olympics and such.

But it seems as though it never gets mentioned anywhere.

Don't call me dumb for asking what they're doing.

Well it's not like they're doing jack stuff

Today, you normally see things in the Middle East dominating the headlines. Just because they take up all the attention, doesn't mean stuff isn't happening everywhere else in the world


No offense if it seems like I'm getting too strong on you or something
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:36:43 PM by Katamari007 »

Some people say "south america" when they mention southern states at times.
Its not hard to understand my standpoint.
I have never heard anyone say this ever, even in literary works.

he is confusing south america with southern america. southern america is used by stupid people to identify the southern US.

Also, anyone who drinks coffee, snorts cocaine, eats bananas, smokes cigars, has a pet chinchilla (or chinchilla coat), or breathes air uses a product that was likely made in South America.


or breathes air
South America: Leading producer of oxygen.

I guess you're referring to all the plants making tons of oxygen or something(?), but I'm pretty sure anywhere that has plants can be thanked for this.

South America: Leading producer of oxygen.

I guess you're referring to all the plants making tons of oxygen or something(?), but I'm pretty sure anywhere that has plants can be thanked for this.

I'm pretty sure he's implying that everyone's used South American products

considering WE ALL BREATHE AIR

The rainforest is responsible for 28% of the worlds oxygen.

this too

South America: Leading producer of oxygen.

I guess you're referring to all the plants making tons of oxygen or something(?), but I'm pretty sure anywhere that has plants can be thanked for this.
The rainforest is responsible for 28% of the worlds oxygen.

The rainforest is responsible for 28% of the worlds oxygen.
i was not aware of this

cool

Well i knew about the olympics and such.

But it seems as though it never gets mentioned anywhere.
London 2012 has only just ended and there are 4 years yet before Rio has to deliver the Olympics.
They're still going to keep it mostly hush-hush until later 2015/early 2016.

And before that the entire country is preparing for the FIFA World Cup, which the entire country will take very seriously.


To be honest, I don't think you're not hearing any news from South America because you're not listening for news from South America.
I couldn't tell you what the hot stories going on in Nepal are, because I've not looked for them, but I'm sure there's stuff happening there too.

You're not dumb for asking, but for saying that there's nothing happening is still ignorant.

South America: Leading producer of oxygen.

I guess you're referring to all the plants making tons of oxygen or something(?), but I'm pretty sure anywhere that has plants can be thanked for this.
South American rainforests, particularly the Amazon happen to be probably the biggest supplier of Oxygen in the atmosphere from any one place.
But yeah, you can thank the plants all over the world, but the South American rainforests certainly provide a sizable chunk of the Earth's oxygen in the atmosphere.
Chances are that some of the oxygen you're breathing now was last released by South American plants.

south america = cocaine