Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 260265 times)

how is processing done, exactly?
most of the time i just see the default blockhead

It should be showing you now, there was a bit of a backlog earlier. If it isn't, just start up BL with RTB and then refresh the page.

All the RTB servers have higher ping than usual for me, for some reason.

Anyone got any information about that?

It may just be your geographical location. Longer distance = higher ping

Within the hour, my server has crashed two times. I don't know whats going on. I'm trying to host and build, but the server keeps loving crashing. Getting pissed. What is going on? A dos? The second time the server crashed, a "DosBrony" got on, and the server crashed. I doubt that has anything to do with it, but I'm starting to see what maybe RTB hosting isn't as good as it says.

RTB has been pretty good to me, and I thank them for that, but what are these crashes?

Jakob, a hosting service that is perfect does not exist. And most of the time, crashes are caused by add-ons you have. Did you check your console logs or anything like that? Also, did you add any new add-ons lately?

I doubt that has anything to do with it, but I'm starting to see what maybe RTB hosting isn't as good as it says.

RTB has been pretty good to me, and I thank them for that, but what are these crashes?

The #1 cause of servers crashing is add-ons. We run test servers which stay up for months at a time which just run default add-ons and they experience no problems. Dos attacks cause connection issues not crashes. To be clear - yours is the only server crashing like this. It's a problem with you.

All RTB Hosting is, is essentially a desktop that you run your server on. If Blockland's crashing it's either your fault or Blockland's fault. Don't go blaming the service.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:59:35 AM by Ephialtes »

Hmm, sorry about that. I think it was something wrong with Zone bricks or Zone events, since it started saying ZoneEvent cs does not exist. No idea.

So my server just crashed after 2 full hours of uptime and 0 lag, I had just hit 32 players. It has never really done this to me, and I wasn't doing anything out of the norm with it, was just hosting a TDM, nothing could have possibly caused it on my end.

So my server just crashed after 2 full hours of uptime and 0 lag, I had just hit 32 players. It has never really done this to me, and I wasn't doing anything out of the norm with it, was just hosting a TDM, nothing could have possibly caused it on my end.

As stated just 2 posts above yours, crashes are not the fault of the computer. I know it's easy to blame the service when something goes wrong but honestly like I said above, it's a problem with the game or the add-ons you have installed.

I have 2 test servers running for over a month with no crashes - 2 hours without a crash is not exceptional.

With only default add-ons?
No, but there was like no indication of it happening and nothing in console was shown to indicate it. The server was just running smoothly up until this, it's not like something apparent instigated it.

Your best bet would be to make a topic in the Help forum and post your console log so others can help you out with your server.

I think somebody is DoSing the service. Both of my servers including furdle's all just shut down, and it took nearly 3 minutes for the server to register that i renewed my servers. It is also taking ages to update one of my servers, and to start my other server.

Yeppers, my server has gone down too.