Western Saloon: Old Timey

Author Topic: Western Saloon: Old Timey  (Read 2374 times)

Baaah. Damn Youtube doesn't allow me to upload HD videos because my channel isn't considered "important enough". Well, forget you too.

You guys are gonna have to deal with a lower res for the preview video..

1.1/10 wouldn't play in

10/10

just needs sprinkles

Looks very neat. I love that cloth that covers some boxes.

It seems too big and spacy tho. I would had liked something more, cramped and filled. And the storage room is quite boring with no differences in wall pattern. Something more random would had been nice. Like a wooden beam or a stone structure.

I think it lacks much at the moment. Think yourself how you could improve the build and it will probably come by itself.

8/10
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:53:59 AM by Sleven »

I don't understand how builds that I make get underrated to lame box houses.
What's the standard here?

More detail is planned, I was premiering the main layout. I didn't want it too cramped to take pictures in as it would block background detail.

Edit: More tables, glasses and bottles on tables, and I like the pole idea in the storage room.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:47:35 AM by Mr.Noßody »

I don't understand how builds that I make get underrated to lame box houses.
What's the standard here?

Depends on who you ask.

If you're going to criticize my rating I'd like to point out that I gave you a great rating according to my own rating standards. But you may be referring to other people.

Great map for murder mysteries!

Depends on who you ask.

If you're going to criticize my rating I'd like to point out that I gave you a great rating according to my own rating standards. But you may be referring to other people.

Yeah, I guess your right.
I wasn't criticizing your rating, I just needed confirmation on why.

Thanks for the rating, I'll add more detail to fill out the room and picture it later.

Excellent work! All that fine detail and variation in the bricks is really nice, gives a nice realism effect to it.

By the way, what bricks are the chairs and the middle of the barrels made of? They look familiar, but I can't quite lay my finger on what they are.

Update:

Edited the environment to make it more dusty, added more tables/beer bottles/etc., added some NPC's to see how they fit the scene, and added some Wanted Posters/misc prints on the walls.

The NPC's most likely will not stay for the Bar Fight when that happens, but for now they help the scene.
I also did not add a pole in the storage room as I don't think there would be enough movement space for players back there. I did however add more smaller keg barrels that I did not image.

Wow, I love that window in the first picture.

Looks fabulous. The items you've added helps a lot. I like the messy details, such as the flipped-over chair. Great.

Dang, 10/10 this is epic.