Author Topic: Particle Emitters  (Read 1346 times)

I'm building a new map with the seperate Blockland MapEditor (because I'm still using the demo version for retail), and I'm wondering: How do I port emitters (like from rtb) into the seperate editor? I tried placing the files in myself but they don't show up in the Particle Emitter menu in F11.

This is the same editor that Badspot posted for us to use, however it doesn't work with the demo (Both retail blockland and the seperate map editor have the same file locations.)

Usually you would code the emitter and stick it in the add-ons folder, then pick the particle off of the menu when you spawn the emitter, but you can't really do that with the other editor.

You might be able to put the emitter code in the mission file and run it from there, I'm not sure how that works though.

I think it is the editor I'm using, I'll just use vanilla blockland to place the emitters and then port it over.
If I coded another emitter would I create a new CS file for it or would I add the snippet of code to the one that is already present in the add-ons folder?

You would put the emitter in another cs file in the add-ons folder.