TDM Rant [holy stuff right section]

Author Topic: TDM Rant [holy stuff right section]  (Read 4116 times)

[rant]

I know all of you are guilty of doing it. You've all played on a TDM that involves these prime characteristics:

- Buying weapons with points gained from killing other players.
- Generic T+T, uneven mixing of different weapon skins, often Frog's mixed with Classical
- Uninspired capture points
- (optional) Trench, not using Xalos's tool-switching 'mod'

These TDMs are becoming far too generic and over-glorified. The potential of this game-style has admittedly petered out. It's being squeezed for every last ounce of enjoyment that can come of it. It contains several flaws, and everyone seems to love them.

I'll start with the buying weapons part. This is an incredible bias that few seem to pick up on. It is a bias against newcomers to the server, as often the buyable weapons are far superior to the stock ones. The firstcomers to the server often get the best weapons first, and there is no sense of 'skill' involved in this gametype whatsoever.

Mixing various T+T skins just makes stuff look like stuff.

Capture points are often bland, uninspired, and in places of not much interest, except the fact there's a capture point there for some reason.

Trench TDMs are overused.

(unrelated) Also, Glass. I'm looking at you for being the most handicapped person on the planet for continuing this loving tradition of stuffty TDMs. Stop it.

[/rant]

every weapon pack nowadays is generic, bland, and uninspired
"this maganum is shoot bullet they strong"
"this smig shoot a lot of bullets but is weak"
"this shotgnu is powerful up close"

I agree, I recently played on his server using an alternate key I have and I can say nothing has changed.

hurrah, only one of these complaints suit radioactive mace's TF2 when it's up

Yeah, Knife TDMs are too generic and glorified.

I know all of you are guilty of doing it. You've all played on a TDM that involves these prime characteristics:

- Buying weapons with points gained from killing other players.
- Generic T+T, uneven mixing of different weapon skins, often Frog's mixed with Classical
- Uninspired capture points
- (optional) Trench, not using Xalos's tool-switching 'mod'
+1

Where did the good servers go?

Yeah, Knife TDMs are too glorified.
i what don't even this
op is about trench TDMs

Yeah, Knife TDMs are too generic and glorified.

my rants on knife TDMs would be three times as long as the OP.

Glass's servers are really REALLY awful
You start out with the pistol and have to journey all the way to the enemy's base, usually only to be killed by someone that has a better weapon.

hurrah, only one of these complaints suit radioactive mace's TF2 when it's up

if any complaints suit a server it's probably bad

are buyable weapons truly always bad to you? no matter how they're used, they'll always be bad?

if any complaints suit a server it's probably bad
capture point in the center of the map

Glass's servers are really REALLY awful
You start out with the pistol and have to journey all the way to the enemy's base, usually only to be killed by someone that has a better weapon.
I pretty much agree on this, and this is the reason I don't play on Glass's server.

"Hey, that guy is on a killing spree. Let's give him even better weapons so he can go on an even bigger killing spree while having advantage over other players!"

are buyable weapons truly always bad to you? no matter how they're used, they'll always be bad?
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to "point & shoot, stuff dies"

Buyable weapons are horrible if they're biased against newcomers.
Which they always are.

There are actually alot of good games out here right now, it's just that the generic "creative" TDMs piss me off