Downed Mod - Will be RTB approved someday

Author Topic: Downed Mod - Will be RTB approved someday  (Read 9127 times)

Instead of instantly dieing, you go down first. It works similarly to "Last Stand" in MW2.

When you would normally die, you instead fall down with another 100 health minus however much the attack did. You are force-equipped a slow-firing pistol. You take damage constantly while downed and die soon after, but not until you had a chance to fire a couple shots with your pistol.

No, you cannot revive downed players. This would not make any sense really; however, I might add it as a preference if enough people complain to me about it.

You can enable/disable the downed mod via an RTB preference or using $pref::PlayerDowning::Enabled = 1; .

Non-RTB prefs listed as default values:
(Change these in the script if you want them to be different, or evaluate these in the console to change them temporarily)
$pref::PlayerDowning::DownedPlayerBleed = -3;
$pref::PlayerDowning::DownedPlayerScheduleTimer = 500;
$pref::PlayerDowning::DownedPlayerHP = 100; (requires restart)
$pref::PlayerDowning::DownedPlayerWeaponImage = DownedPistolImage;

Download

Suggestions and constructive criticism welcome.

Credits:
Pecon7 - Made everything.
Sunny - Beta testing, suggested the idea.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:53:56 AM by pecon98 »

Can you get this DL on MediaFire?
My antivirus said it's a bad page and blocked it
It's looking like cool

Non-RTB prefs: why
$pref::PlayerDowning::DownedPlayerBleed = -3;
$pref::PlayerDowning::DownedPlayerScheduleTimer = 500;
$pref::PlayerDowning::DownedPlayerHP = 100; (requires restart) doesn't

so when you fall down, you're locked onto your 2nd slot, as I'm assuming the pistol?

I was looking for this, thanks :D

make it so you can revive people.

make it so you can revive people.
This wouldn't make sense unless I made some sort of medkit that you could use on them.

so when you fall down, you're locked onto your 2nd slot, as I'm assuming the pistol?
No, I actually packaged MountImage so that attempting to switch weapons would just result in the downed pistol being mounted.

You should instead disable your antivirus or get a better one, because my website is perfectly safe.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:59:01 AM by pecon98 »

I think it'd be better if it locked on your 2nd inventory slot or something.

Would be cool if you could get out of the downed state if you manage to kill someone while dying...borderlands style!

Would be cool if you could get out of the downed state if you manage to kill someone while dying...borderlands style!
This is a good idea.

I would love a version of this that worked like rotondo's zombie mod, but forced you into the second weapon slot.

It's looking like cool
You should probably uninstall norton.

I think it'd be better if it locked on your 2nd inventory slot or something.
I would love a version of this that worked like rotondo's zombie mod, but forced you into the second weapon slot.
How about a pref that lets you enter the name of a weaponImage and that is the image that gets mounted when you're down?

How about a pref that lets you enter the name of a weaponImage and that is the image that gets mounted when you're down?
Or.

A pref that lets you decide between a weapon slot (and not just slot 2), or the name of a weaponImage.

i'm thinking of locking onto 2nd slot, because weaponImages are too limited....

Can you revive people in this? I never played mw2 but i'm assuming it works similarly to the l4d mechanic?

Can you revive people in this? I never played mw2 but i'm assuming it works similarly to the l4d mechanic?
no