Blockland - Six Years of Building

Poll

Which dedicated hosting service should I use?

Kaphost Blockland Servers
Return to Blockland Dedicated Hosting Service

Author Topic: Blockland - Six Years of Building  (Read 4208 times)

Thanks to Darksaber530 for the awesome logo!

Introduction
On Friday, February 24, 2007, Blockland was officially finished and released to the public.  That was almost six years ago.  I'll be hosting a celebration party on Sunday, February 24, 2013.  This party will be a very simple dance party in a dark room at night.  The server will be hosted by me using a dedicated hosting service.  There will be administrators, moderators, super administrators and, of course, me, the host.  A list of these people will be included in this topic.

Schedule
This schedule is listed in Central Standard Time!
Preperation
Sunday, February 24, 2012, 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM

Party Starts
1:00 PM - 1:15 PM

Have Fun and Party
1:15 PM - 7:00 PM

Party Dying Down
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Party Officially Over
8:00 PM - Monday, February 25, 2012, 7:15 AM
When the parties over, the server will simply remain unsupervised.  It will still be up.

Need help with time zones?
Go here, adjust the needle to your local time and look for your location.

DJ
Our DJ will be Dglider, the DJ and main builder of Kalphiter's 2013 New Year Party.

Builders
Name
Clone2
Dillpickle
Dglider
TeeJay
In-Game Name
Clone2
Dillpickle
Dglider
CookieDuck
BL_ID

Admins
Name
Clone2
Evar678
Freek
padmedog
Sylvanor
TeeJay
Xolerate
In-Game Name
Clone2
Evar678
Freek
NXTMASTER
Sylvanor
CookieDuck
Xolerate
BL_ID
Rank
Host
Administrator

My friends and brother will all be super admin.  If one of them is abusive (I know them well, this probably won't happen), I will de-admin them and make them moderator.

Add-Ons
AFK Kicker (by Greek2me)
Admin Shields (by Destiny)
Duplicator (by Randy and Ephialtes)
Fill can (by Zor)
Long Range Music Bricks (by Mr.Noßody and Chrono)
Moderator (by Tezuni)
Moderator Shields (by Vine and Zack0Wack0)

The Return to Blockland Add-On Hosting System, by Ephialtes, is also used on the server.

Screenshots

These pictures were taken while the environment settings were set to day.  During the party, the environment settings will be set to night.

Register For Administrator
If you want to help out with administrating, simply fill out the following form in a private message (any forms sent through the comments will be ignored):

In-Game Name: <IN-GAME NAME HERE>
BL_ID: <BLOCKLAND IDENTIFICATION NUMBER HERE>
Administrating History:
<LIST YOUR BLOCKLAND SERVER ADMIN HISTORY HERE>
(Admin history includes hosting your own server, being an admin on someone else's server, etc.
Example: Super Admin on Glass' Trench War)

Music
Working on the list...I accidentally deleted it...I STUPID!

I will create a download for the music later.

Poll
I will be hosting the server on either Kaphost Blockland Servers or the Return to Blockland Dedicated Hosting Service.
I will let you, the Blockland Forums, choose which one I should use.
The poll will be up until Friday, February 1, 2013.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:52:13 PM by Clone2 »

Pretty nice idea, hope you carry it out.

My In-Game Name: Xolerate [YOUR BLOCKLAND NAME HERE]
My BL_ID: 24232 [YOUR BL_ID HERE]
What You Want to Help With: Moderating, or just plain building. [WHAT YOU WANT TO HELP WITH HERE]

Admin on- Socrates's Bounty Hunter (and all his servers), Peanut3567's Throwmod DM (and all his future servers, also his friend).

Also love the idea

My In-Game Name: Xolerate [YOUR BLOCKLAND NAME HERE]
My BL_ID: 24232 [YOUR BL_ID HERE]
What You Want to Help With: Moderating, or just plain building. [WHAT YOU WANT TO HELP WITH HERE]

Admin on- Socrates's Bounty Hunter (and all his servers), Peanut3567's Throwmod DM (and all his future servers, also his friend).

Also love the idea
You can be a moderator.  Remember, it will be your duty to keep the server civilized.

...What's so important about the 6th?

And why are you starting what you said yourself is not gonna be a large scale project 3 months prior?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:37:27 PM by Shell »

You can be a moderator.  Remember, it will be your duty to keep the server civilized.
Okay, thanks!

My In-Game Name: CookieDuck
My BL_ID: 26446
What You Want to Help With: Moderating

Peanut3647's, Ze spy's, Mr. X's.

My In-Game Name: Evar678
My BL_ID: 16752
What You Want to Help With: Moderating

Super Admin on Glass's Trench Wars, Glass's Fort Wars. (all his servers really.). Jeep's servers. Aludane's.
Oh i forgot, admin on Munk's servers, including Blockoworld 2
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:13:34 PM by Evar678 »

My In-Game Name: Sylvanor
My BL_ID: 2981
What You Want to Help With: Administrating/moderating/building

Reinforcement trench, jorgur dogfigh/rpgt, skill4life drpg, surburb rpg, wink rpg, drake's servers and Custard rp, Super Admin on Glass's Trench Wars

My In-Game Name: The Administrator
My BL_ID: 15740
What You Want to Help With: - Building - Decorating - Eventing - Hosting/Administrating/Moderating

Admin on: Tango's Trench, Reinforcements' Trench, PortalMaster's Roleplay, Arekan's Roleplay

I have a severe recommendation:
This application can easily allow a horrible administrator into the team.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:44:19 AM by Swat 3 »

My In-Game Name: The Administrator
My BL_ID: 15740
What You Want to Help With: - Building - Decorating - Eventing - Hosting/Administrating/Moderating

I have a severe recommendation:
This application can easily allow a horrible good, kind, funny, mature administrator into the team. I recommend myself.
Fixed.

Fixed.
he meant to say that the application is too vague, and allows for bad administrators to apply and still look like they have a good reputation. he didn't ask you to fix it for him.

he meant to say that the application is too vague, and allows for bad administrators to apply and still look like they have a good reputation. he didn't ask you to fix it for him.
1. I know he didn't ask.
2. I was describing him.
3. Your right, he's right, people can lie about stuff...

Which is why admin applications are always 100% a bad idea for people who want good servers. This is a fact known throughout Blockland.

Blockland was first released in 2004.

Not the commercial version, but you could still build in that version so it's more like 8 years of building.