Author Topic: iPhone keeps acting up  (Read 665 times)

My iPhone has been really slow the past two days.
My main problem is the fact that I can't watch videos. On Chrome, nearly anything I do involving a video on YouTube (even just changing the quality) makes a box saying "The operation could not be completed" pop up. The YouTube app says "Playback failed". Safari just crashes a few seconds after opening it. The Jasmine app doesn't work either.
I'm running ios6 with a tethered jailbreak. Anyone know what the problem cod be (if it's the jailbreak, how do I remove it)?
I'll post pictures of the dialogue box and YouTube error tomorrow.

now nothing is installing
fixed
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:52:12 PM by auzman466 »

First mistake: iOS6
Not very jailbreak friendly
Also what type of iPhone is it? If it's a 4, it's likely just an issue with having too little ram.
Removing the jailbreak would require Redsnow or setting your phone to a backup.

First mistake: iOS6
Not very jailbreak friendly I know, mistake I made but wasn't a very big problem.
Also what type of iPhone is it? If it's a 4, it's likely just an issue with having too little ram. I had my suspicions
Removing the jailbreak would require Redsnow or setting your phone to a backup. Alright then
I'll keep the thread unlocked for discussion or other suggestions until I possibly fix it.

Make sure you close all applications that could be running under multitask. Do a RAM clear, Google it.

Make sure you close all applications that could be running under multitask. Do a RAM clear, Google it.
this has fixed my problem, thank you ;-;

I've always closed applications under multitask. I didn't know you could clear ram, though.
I actually just did a complete reset of my phone. Mainly to get rid of the jailbreak. Knowing how to clear ram could help in the future, though.
Now I just have to see if videos work after Youtube and Chrome reinstall.

when i tell you install
Could you
I dunno
ACTUALLY INSTALL?

[img ]http://puu.sh/1Cyhw[/img]
when i tell you install
Could you
I dunno
ACTUALLY INSTALL?
inb4 rage

You've done something wrong either with the jailbreak or you are doing something wrong while tethering it.

I can almost guarantee it is not related to anything else.

The jailbreak was never really the problem, and it isn't anymore. Other than the fact that one of iOS6's features is hating jailbreaks even more, the jailbreak worked fine, other than not being able to use a majority of apps on Cydia because of compatibility.
My iPhone is completely wiped now, other than the things I reverted to and the apps I'm attempting to install. My problem is installation now.
OKAY NEVERMIND IT'S JUST BEING SLOW
now to test youtube.

OKAY IT'S WORKING NOW LOVE YOU GUYS XOXOXOXOXO<3<3