Author Topic: Already cannot wait for next part of the Hobbit  (Read 1629 times)

I know it's pathetic, but I'm going to have to hibernate for the next 11 months because I am having trouble stopping thinking about it at times.

Even the music is irrevocably stuck in my head: Song of the Lonely Mountain.

Discuss the movie, I guess.
It had the usual major and minor inaccuracies but it was absolutely perfect in a couple of places, as in down to the inch accurate to the original illustrations. The only character they really twisted was Thorin, who originally had no complaint about seeking refuge with the elves.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:30:40 PM by Katadeus »

That loving gay white guy was just unbearable, HE WAS NOT IN THE BOOK!

Which what whaa

forgetin pls tell me you aren't talking about Bilbo or Gandalf

forgetin pls tell me you aren't talking about Bilbo or Gandalf
I think he might be talking about the pale Orc, but I haven't read the book recently. I really should, since I enjoyed it.

I think he might be talking about the pale Orc, but I haven't read the book recently. I really should, since I enjoyed it.

Yes that Orc. They ruined the movie by adding him.

Yes that Orc. They ruined the movie by adding him.
I dislike any variation from the source but nonetheless it was a decent c and believable character to add.

I don't remember any orcs, and I just finished the book today (front suggested watching the LOTR movies but of course, I would read the books first, and then my sister mentioned having The Hobbit when I finished the last Odd Thomas book I had (the fourth one), so I figured I'd start with that). all I remember are goblins and wargs and dwarves and elves and humans and spiders and eagles. so I can't imagine what they would do with an orc. that lego commercial gets on my nerves when it mentions being captured by "orcs and wargs." :I

but what do you mean "the next hobbit?"

Next part of it, pardon the obscurity

Next part of it, pardon the obscurity
ugh what :L
why are so many movies splitting now
god damn

I thought the movie was pretty great, I'm probably going to see it again before it goes out of theatres, I was really stoned when I saw it last night and don't remember much towards the end of the movie.
Probably wont see it in 3d again though, just cause.
god damn
because there's too much good stuff that they want to do. It would have been an injustice to the book if there was only one 2-3hr movie, as opposed to 2-3, 2-3hr movies.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:35:21 PM by Littledude »

god damn
I believe there will be three movies in total for The Hobbit.

because there's too much good stuff that they want to do. It would have been an injustice to the book if there was only one 2-3hr movie, as opposed to 2-3, 2-3hr movies.
I guess so

If it weren't for the extra content they added that wasn't in the book they probably wouldn't be able to do this movie in 3 parts and it would end so soon. Enjoy it while you can, because this is the last untouched work on Tolkien in the hands of PETER JACKSON. Also the Necromancer was mentioned in the book but never got and paragraph time in it really. So it's a valid place to branch off.

what part does the first movie get to?