Poll?

Yes.
2 (7.1%)
No.
3 (10.7%)
Potato.
23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: [CB] Comblock, Blockland Computing - Totally not planning anything!  (Read 38443 times)

Oh haha Evar told me about that & symbol thing. A topic for all of them would be nice because there are probably a lot more things that could be really useful which I don't know of.
I just looked in the vce scripts and I found out alot of stuff that I never knew before :0

Big news:
Had one of my eureka moments at school, I realized how I could do the screen on the AX67.
I just got the AX67B's screen pixel selection system working perfectly.

All bricks are named the same (AX67_Screen) yet I can individually change pixels. Big deal right? I was able to do that before.

But, I've optimized it. It works for any amount of pixels now, which means I can finally start on this beast of a machine.
:)
Each pixel has exactly 53 events. There is 20 pixels in total. Yes, that's 1060 events for just the screen, but it's the only way to really do this. Besides, this is a gaming pc, I never said anything about it being lightweight.

It took me roughly 15 minutes to do the 53 events, and another 5 to correctly event each pixel so it reacts individually to the same function.
1060 events in ~20 minutes, that has to be a new personal best. (even though I used the event copier thing, still.)

I will be on all day tomorrow after school working on the rest of the computer, but the screen is fully evented. If you want to try it out, join the server and DUPLICATE the ax67 ignite to play around with it. Look at the glowing white brick's events to figure out how to use it.

The available colors are on the bricks, click them to get the name of the color used in the function. All color fx's are available (not undulo, this isn't a color fx.)
Remember that arguments are delimited by this character: |
That's the character that you get when you hold shift while pressing \
Argument one is a color, while argument two is a colorfx. Use 'none' to disable the colorfx.

Click the 'clear' colored brick to see how to set the entire screen to a single color using 5 events.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:30:25 PM by Evar678 »

yet I can individually change pixels.
i would think that each screen pixel would only need 1 - 3 events for you to be able to do that?

All bricks are named the same (AX67_Screen)
You forgot that part. Calling one output event on the named brick AX67_Screen calls it on all 20 pixels, making each pixel react differently is quite simple. The same thing currently exists on the AX90G, but however, the screen was only meant to change from the hardware. Getting any one pixel to change its color and color fx without disturbing the rest was a bit of  issue An easy fix, but my previous fixes ran too many event schedules at once when changing more than one pixel. This system allows ROMS to easily control each individual pixel with up to 9 different colors and all of the color fx's with one line of events, and also while referencing no named bricks whatsoever.

Aaaaaaaa
Coming on the server straight after school :)
I won't be able to be on blockland throughout the weekend though :(

Also, if you want to make a colour appear without the fx can you put [ green] or do you have to put [green|none]? You have to put none, that doesn't matter though :P

I swear you could do callFunction [asdf & asdf2] and it would work but it doesn't seem to work for this. I want it to be the exact same colour and everything so that wouldn't matter.

amazing job, evar :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:12:22 PM by CheeseDragon »

in order for what i suggested to work you would need every pixel on the screen to be called the same thing.

i just tried typing out an explanation of what i mean and failed horribly. i'll attempt eventing it later.

Oh I see what you've done, you've made a function for each pixel instead of using an argument for the pixels with 1 function.

Oh I see what you've done, you've made a function for each pixel instead of using an argument for the pixels with 1 function.
Correct.
When a function is called on all of the bricks, the only brick to react to that function is the one called in the function.

The only reason this takes up so many events is because we need to define all 20 functions on each and every brick, otherwise all OnVariableFunction events will be called on that brick.

I'm not going to be on for a little while. Sketcher is in charge of the clan.

I'm not going to be on for a little while. Sketcher is in charge of the clan.
Aye aye, captain.

so
guess what came in the mail today
not the same lcd panel, that's what.

whew, was waiting for that.