Author Topic: I need help removing this loving hijacker malware (cant damage my computer)  (Read 1322 times)

It turns my homepage to a search.conduit search engine. I have tried restarting, reinstalling chrome, trying to reset my homepage, trying to remove the DLL, etc.

Help.

downloading malewarebytes (ithink) might help
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:24:01 PM by MunkeyCheez »


my avast would have detected it though....

how about a system restore

my avast would have detected it though....
then run a virus scan with avast
if it doesn't pick up anything, then get malwarebytes and run a scan with that.

Run a full scan with Malwarebytes.

Run a full scan with Malwarebytes.
ok im doing it with both avast and malwarebytes

Both scans didn't detect anything :c

You probably installed some stupid toolbar

Both scans didn't detect anything :c
reboot into safe mode with networking and use something like Kaspersky, as a trial.  it's the most effective stuff I've ever used.

It's not malware. You said yes to a toolbar while installing something or visiting a website.
I've removed this from people's computers several times.
No scanner will find it because it's considered non-harmful software that you willingly approved of.

There's a program you need to remove and it will let you change it afterwards.
Please pay attention to what you're doing next time.

Uninstall chrome again, look for any chrome folders in ProgramData or AppData, delete them, reboot, re-install

It's not malware. You said yes to a toolbar while installing something or visiting a website.
I've removed this from people's computers several times.
No scanner will find it because it's considered non-harmful software that you willingly approved of.

There's a program you need to remove and it will let you change it afterwards.
Please pay attention to what you're doing next time.
This, sometimes it will hide as an "I agree" thing which agrees to install a sponsor's program.

Uninstall chrome again, look for any chrome folders in ProgramData or AppData, delete them, reboot, re-install
The program runs in the background and continuously runs checks.
But have fun making him delete all his stored information.

There is no need to touch any of your browsers, except the homepages after getting rid of the problem.