Your Server Sucks (and here's why)

Author Topic: Your Server Sucks (and here's why)  (Read 5640 times)

You're forgetting Tezuni. Golden opportunity lost.

You're forgetting Tezuni. Golden opportunity lost.
what

Tezuni is not apart of any of this.

No, this rant should have also been directed at Tezuni and his server.

yeah i'll verbally kneecap jail RPs next

those things need to die. like, now.

Too bad ranting about it is going to accomplish nothing except start a circlejerk huh

TAG has a pretty good one though

You mind doing Trench TDMs and how they end up horribly loving exploited and stuff.

After that you should do Family RPs, or City RPs.

Family RPs?
I think they died after the Bedroom got removed, but Family RPs is where cnai b doge came from.

im just waiting for the new years party

Seems like the only servers no one has ever hated on are free builds, which is believable seeing how it is the basis of Blockland.

Seems like you just shat out an angry rant regarding persistence of the current TDM style, but you never really reflected on how it could be changed.  Yes, you said originality would be good, but I could be as original as I wanted and not get any good reviews, because a majority of people like the current TDM style, which is why is persisted.  You can't really get mad at one of the most liked gaming formats in Blockland, just because it doesn't fit your style.  I never see any TDMs under your name, why not give originality a try and create the next big thing for us; be the one to shine the light of originality for future generations to come.

But seriously though, I'm tired of the rut of in originality that we have gotten ourselves into; seems like Heed is the only one doing truly original and popular games nowadays.  I have too tried my hand at the first GSF Terrain TDM, which is rather popular.  Seein that, I'd suggest people to make TDMs with legitimate GSF maps, because that is the future.  I designed my entire game around the bricks, not the idea.

the whole jumping thing really stood out to me

I'll look into finding or making a playertype with a smaller jump height for my DM (none of you have seen it before because I always host it privately with friends, though that should change relatively soon)

Seems like you just shat out an angry rant regarding persistence of the current TDM style, but you never really reflected on how it could be changed.  Yes, you said originality would be good, but I could be as original as I wanted and not get any good reviews, because a majority of people like the current TDM style, which is why is persisted.  You can't really get mad at one of the most liked gaming formats in Blockland, just because it doesn't fit your style.  I never see any TDMs under your name, why not give originality a try and create the next big thing for us; be the one to shine the light of originality for future generations to come.

see i like where you're going with this "you have no idea what you're talking about, why are you yelling at us" direction you're coming from but the thing is that i've done this like 30 forgetin times

ask around. forgetin' RAVE reviews. drop by some time.

and i've told you how to change- if you're going to rip off counter strike, realize that that's a dumb idea inherently and trying to mimic it precisely will end badly due to the proportions of blockland and the way that combat is carried out. since you can't mimic it perfectly, the next best thing is to get an approximation, but if you're going to do that it's a better idea all around to just create a 'spiritual' rip-off (which is to say: use CSS as inspiration instead of out-and-out copying it) and come up with something that is similar to counter strike but uses blockland's strengths and playstyle to it's advantage instead of trying to bend it into something it isn't

But seriously though, I'm tired of the rut of in originality that we have gotten ourselves into; seems like Heed is the only one doing truly original and popular games nowadays.  I have too tried my hand at the first GSF Terrain TDM, which is rather popular.  Seein that, I'd suggest people to make TDMs with legitimate GSF maps, because that is the future.  I designed my entire game around the bricks, not the idea.

oh, dude, gross, what the hell

heed isn't original, he's just doing the same thing he's been doing since ever, which is just vehicle TDMs which he apparently doesn't put any forethought into

i swear i've said that before

GSF terrain isn't the future and yeah it's better then just sitting around all day and stagnating, but forcing a change over to GSF terrain won't change anything if the TDM is still fundamentally broken
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:38:06 AM by Bushido »

GSF is the future.  We are stuck in this rut because terrain was removed, which allowed for seemingly unlimited room to build whatever.  Ever since terrain's removal, TDMs have been confined to building-based, bordered, or island games, because the unlimited flatlands is an issue.  With GSF, landscaped borders and more ideal environments can be made and will be made, so to lead us out of the rut.

oh, dude, gross, what the hell

heed isn't original, he's just doing the same thing he's been doing since ever, which is just vehicle TDMs which he apparently doesn't put any forethought into
Heedicalking has definitely exceeded any thought you put into your TDMs.