Author Topic: The EDM Megathread v2  (Read 120671 times)

Speaking of DAWs... For anyone looking to get one, I highly recommend REAPER. The personal use lisence is only $60; and that's after an uninhibited 60 day free trial. Kingdaro, you should add a list of DAWs to the OP.

Speaking of DAWs... For anyone looking to get one, I highly recommend REAPER. The personal use lisence is only $60; and that's after an uninhibited 60 day free trial. Kingdaro, you should add a list of DAWs to the OP.

Let's make one for him real quick, so he can copy and paste:

A DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) is a program that allows one to create, edit, record. Most of these cost money, however there are free demos. Do not get the DAW confused with plugins.The software will not make the music for you, nor will it be neccessarily easy.

List of Digital Audio Workstations:
REAPER
FL studio (Most commonly used)
Live
Cubase
Sony Creative Software
MuTools MuLab
Magix Samplitude
Cakewalk Sonar
Avid Pro Tools
Apple Logic Pro
PreSonus Studio One
Reason
-

I just grabbed most of these off the internet

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:11:35 PM by Cookiez664 »

What DAW do you use?

FL Studio 11.

If you're wondering where I got the organ sound from: Dimension Pro.

Let's make one for him real quick, so he can copy and paste:

A DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) is a program that allows one to create, edit, record. Most of these cost money, however there are free demos. Do not get the DAW confused with plugins.The software will not make the music for you, nor will it be neccessarily easy.

List of Digital Audio Workstations:
Reaper
FL studio (Most commonly used)
Ableton
Cubase
Sony Creative Software
MuTools MuLab
Magix Samplitude
Cakewalk Sonar
Avid Pro Tools
Apple Logic Pro
PreSonus Studio One
-

I just grabbed most of these off the internet

Nice. However, it's REAPER, not Reaper, and I think you missed Reason. XD

ableton is the company that makes live

its actually called live.

ableton is the company that makes live

its actually called live.
Yeah, this too. Just add Live to the current label, 'cause you already have Avid Pro Tools and Apple Logic Pro.

Sorry for double post, but is anyone here into djing? (besides youngrotations and I)?

I don't know how to dj, but I do want to learn someday

Oh and btw, I have FL Studio.

I don't know how to dj, but I do want to learn someday

It's definitely worth a try, it can be hard at fire. But soon 10 minutes of mashups turn into 1 hour.

If your on a tight budget, I suggest looking into a Hercules DJ control instinct, it's small but it does the trick.
Otherwise, you should look into the Hercules DJ control AIR or Nu mark mix track pro. I have the AIR and it is fantastic. After you buy the controller comes the small things ( headsets, music, laptop and speakers) aka not so small things xD. DJing costs money o start sadly. Quite abit of money, in fact I spent roughly $300 over the year to get all what I have.

I have two turntables at my house, and as well, I found some really cheap sets online.

Oh and as well, there's this place in Downtown Phoenix called Revolver Records, or RR, they sell some stuff, I found a really nice turntable for 60 dollars.

I'll just go ahead and grab a list off of Wikipedia.