Author Topic: The EDM Megathread v2  (Read 118036 times)

Can't wait to see Loudpvck and Paper Diamond on February 28th and Excision for a 4th time on April 18th. I love how he always tours Chicago exactly at or around 4/20. The mood is so much better.

King of 100

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:16:37 PM by Messes »

Also, not sure if this hasn't been posted before, but here's a really nice command-line soundcloud player that I use pretty much regularly.

I personally wouldn't consider mixes as production, but I'll throw your name up there regardless as long as you link me a soundcloud, bandcamp or some other page that has other works of yours.

wam

https://soundcloud.com/neskii/1hourermagawd

I think I should make an IDM (intelligent dance music) megathread that is a sister thread to this one
Are you okay with that?
I never got the point of making a distinguishment like that
It's still EDM anyway

wam

https://soundcloud.com/neskii/1hourermagawd
HOLY stuff I REMEMBER THIS FROM LIKE 2 YEARS AGO, REMEMBER THAT 1 HOUR LIGHT THING I DONE TO THIS

NESKI OMG <3

I never got the point of making a distinguishment like that
It's still EDM anyway
IDM is mostly ambient music and electronics, while EDM is more upbeat techno-ish stuff

Nobody takes the term IDM seriously. What, is other music non-intelligent? It's just a buzzword made up for marketing purposes. Anything classified as IDM can better be described in accurate, non-derogatory terms.

HOLY stuff I REMEMBER THIS FROM LIKE 2 YEARS AGO, REMEMBER THAT 1 HOUR LIGHT THING I DONE TO THIS

NESKI OMG <3

<3

Nobody takes the term IDM seriously. What, is other music non-intelligent? It's just a buzzword made up for marketing purposes. Anything classified as IDM can better be described in accurate, non-derogatory terms.
It's just a genre name. I doubt it was named to offend anyone.

Found this kickass song,
Trippy, by antiserum & Mayhem
I think it's nu disco, but I'm not sure, someone wanna back me up here?
If it's not, anyone know similar artists?
Edit: it's trap.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:38:32 PM by AdinX »

"Trap city"

I'm willing to bet it's trap. If you're looking for similar artists, that entire channel will probably have what you're looking for, along with Trap&Bass.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:48:30 PM by Kingdaro »

Can't wait to see Loudpvck and Paper Diamond on February 28th and Excision for a 4th time on April 18th. I love how he always tours Chicago exactly at or around 4/20. The mood is so much better.
i want to go so badly but there's going to be so much loving drugs i'm going to die being around them

I took soooo long to find Drink the Sea but it's so damn good

I took soooo long to find Drink the Sea but it's so damn good
hell ye