Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1331594 times)

Don't spend $110 on a case
There's plenty of good ones around $60

although there are several acceptable quality $60 cases, most are not of any sort of quality, usability, or looks. there are tons of reason to spend $100+ on a case.

although there are several acceptable quality $60 cases, most are not of any sort of quality, usability, or looks. there are tons of reason to spend $100+ on a case.

An Antec 300 is an awesome budget case, I own one and I have no problems with it

An Antec 300 is an awesome budget case, I own one and I have no problems with it

although there are several acceptable quality $60 cases

what the heck
where have you been

I wouldn't say it's merely "acceptable quality", I'd say ts great quality for the price and worth it over buying a $110 just for the looks

I wouldn't say it's merely "acceptable quality", I'd say ts great quality for the price and worth it over buying a $110 just for the looks

buying cases over $100 is worth it over a $60 case because of reasons like the quality of the build, the size of the case, the dependability of the case, and the airflow of the case. not to mention looks, as your Antec 300 is not the best looking case on the market, by far. Compare this, a $60 case:

to a Fractal R4, a $100 case:

The difference is appearance is stunning. The Fractal R4 is also much, much quieter than an Antec 300.

i dont see any difference in looks except for the paint finish

i did not mean that the antec 300 looks good, i said the budget features of the $60 Antec 300 is worth it over buying another case for $110 JUST FOR looks

There's not much of a point getting an expensive case unless you desperately need silencing or want to use a huge cooler/WC setup. I wouldn't call the Antec 300 a great choice, though; while the build quality is pretty good, it lacks several modern features such as CPU backplate access and cable management holes, which makes it less comfortable to work with.

My. Lenovo Y50 with 4k Resolution just came last night, it's a fantastic computer.

4k? aren't the y50s laptops?
there isn't a mobile gpu in existence that can game well at 4k. even desktops, there are only about 4 cards that can pull it off without sli or whatever.

I cannot advise against ASRock motherboards enough. My 970 Extreme 3 R2.0 has a non-standard screw layout so I can't seat it properly in my case and half the SATA ports don't operate at anything even remotely close to SATA speeds, the other half cause my computer to completely freeze up for no reason even on a brand new HDD that I bought last week.

Granted, one faulty motherboard isn't enough by itself but I've heard a lot of other people saying that ASRock motherboards are known for being faulty, a lot of them end up DoA as well.
I'm using an ASRock right now in my current build, no problems. It saved me a fair bit of money, though I wish I would have bought a model with more than one PCIe slot. As for doa and failures, remember that most people who get dead hardware immediately go to put a review down. ASRock seems to have pretty good customer service

4k? aren't the y50s laptops?
there isn't a mobile gpu in existence that can game well at 4k. even desktops, there are only about 4 cards that can pull it off without sli or whatever.

and the four cards that can run it without sli/crossfire/multiple GPUs can only run modern games at 30-40 fps. the Y50s all have 1080p, too, not 4k. so unless he bought a laptop to game on a 4k monitor...

i run dual 770 classifieds and i get 40-55 frames on bf4 at 4k
its a miracle i can do that even. but its unacceptable to me lol, and not very future proof either. 1440p is still a better standard for now.