[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309952 times)

Wtf man. [Img width=500]
Arigato

Wtf man. [Img width=500]
Arigato
Um, ok, I already fixed it, it was an accident.

If you want a computer that will make NASA's space computers cry, go here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyVMAVxchHI

Can someone answer this for me?

If the GRX 780 Ti is better than titan, why is the GTX Titan/Titan Black/Titan Z more expensive?

If the GRX 780 Ti is better than titan, why is the GTX Titan/Titan Black/Titan Z more expensive?
"better" is subjective and mostly related to what tasks you're trying to accomplish
like the Titan Z has 12gb of memory. and the GTX 780 has, like, 3gb
the Titans are probably for more, like, professional things, like modelling and stuff, rather than just playing games

dont all titans have 6g? thats needed for 3 monitor gaming 4000whateverX1080/1440, where 3g might actually not be enough for a high end game then.

kinda depends what you need.

remember sli/crossfire dosnt combine vram. you need a single high vram card for some purposes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:17:17 AM by Bisjac »

My new notebook:

[img width=360]http://i.imgur.com/HORPQle.jpg[/im g]

HP ENVY TS 15

Specs:
15.6 in Full HD BrightView LED-backlit (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.40 GHz
16GB DDR3L 1600 MHz
1TB hybrid drive
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Multi-format SD card reader
Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M switchable graphics and Intel HD Graphics 4600
4 USB 3.0 (1 supporting USB Boost) • HDMI • Headphone output/Microphone input combo • RJ-45 (10/100/1000)
6-cell lithium-ion (up to 5 hours, 15 minutes)
HP TrueVision Full HD webcam
802.11a/b/g/n/ac (Miracast enabled)
Bluetooth - Yes
14.94 x 9.87 x 0.74-1.18 in (379.47 x 250.69 x 18.79-29.97 mm)
5.62 lbs (2.54 kg)
Silver

I love this computer. It's amazing. It can actually run Blockland shaders at max, so that's great.
Wow. So how much was it?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/04/octo-core-intel-chips-incoming-this-autumn/

im already preparing to upgrade :D
the high model seems to be the 5960X.
what is the "X"? is that similar to the "K" (unlocked)? because there are new k models as well
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:21:11 AM by Bisjac »

what do you do to need so much power

Can someone answer this for me?

The Titan Z > Titan Black, 780 Ti > Titan

All of the titans have faster double prescision compute capabilities than the 780 Ti. Nvidia arbitrarily hobbled the compute capability of the 780 ti so that they could continue selling their titans for exorbitant prices. The 780 Ti and titan black both have fully utilized Kepler gpus, so their gaming performance will be very similar. The only difference is that the titan black has 6gb of vram instead of 3gb, and its double compute is something like 24x faster. The titan Z is effectively 2 titan blacks.

the Titan and Titan Black do, but the Titan Z has 12
The titan black has 12gb or ram onboard, but 6gb is used exclusively for each gpu. It's the same thing as crossfiring other video cards. If you have 2 cards with 2gb each, your max vram is still 2gb because each card uses its own memory.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/04/octo-core-intel-chips-incoming-this-autumn/

im already preparing to upgrade :D
the high model seems to be the 5960X.
what is the "X"? is that similar to the "K" (unlocked)? because there are new k models as well

Intel overpricing yet again.

Has anyone ever had a problem with (wireless) mice lmb clicks making any browser (including steam, spotify ect.) go back a page about 1/5th of the time?

Its seriously loving aggravating and I think it may be a win 8 problem

Updated builds because LOGICAL INCREMENTS