[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310738 times)

king of 700

but I actually have a question. I have a maccigarette family and I need to let them let me sell my stuffty iMac for $700 so I can get my own loving computer (mainly for simulators). They say I'll just get sick of it immediately so she [my mom] won't let me even think about getting a new computer. How the forget do I convince my parents to let me switch to what I want?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:41:09 PM by mus »

what a way to start off page 700  :cookieMonster:
i saw that ninja edit mus

i claim higher king of 700

i claim higher king of 700
Too bad gays aren't allowed in the kingdom of 700. B)

ninja'd again

Mjust forget em mus. Its your pc. Sell it and then buy your own pc b4 they can say anything.

Too bad gays aren't allowed in the kingdom of 700. B)
gasp

Mjust forget em mus. Its your pc. Sell it and then buy your own pc b4 they can say anything.
Too bad my parents would lose their stuff and take all of the money. If it was an option I'd go for it.

Too bad my parents would lose their stuff and take all of the money. If it was an option I'd go for it.
be blunt. Tell them

"I understand that you guys love mac, and thats totally cool! Its just that I have diffeeent tatse and needs than you guys, and I find that PC fits my tastes and needs better than Mac does. I would really like to sell my mac and buy a pc using the money [depending on whether the mac is actually theirs, add this asswell] *and I would like to get your guys permision to replace my current computer."

Just tell then that the Mac just isn't fast enough for the games you play and that you want a PC with lots of raw power. Ix they start dragging on about the premium bs tell tvem that you don't consider MS Flight running at 5fps to be 'premium'.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:10:28 PM by Pentium »

spring for the 260X instead

Thats 30 more and he can't afford to go up to 150

also heres my mlg build
That builds a clusterforget, not even that good.
There is literally no way that disobeying your parents like this ends well.

be blunt. Tell them

"I understand that you guys love mac, and thats totally cool! Its just that I have diffeeent tatse and needs than you guys, and I find that PC fits my tastes and needs better than Mac does. I would really like to sell my mac and buy a pc using the money [depending on whether the mac is actually theirs, add this asswell] *and I would like to get your guys permision to replace my current computer."
Just tell then that the Mac just isn't fast enough for the games you play and that you want a PC with lots of raw power. Ix they start dragging on about the premium bs tell tvem that you don't consider MS Flight running at 5fps to be 'premium'.
I've tried. Has not worked. Whenever I bring up the fact that maybe it's time I sell my own computer and get something that I actually like, my mom just sighs and doesn't answer or say anything. My dad gets pissy.

My new notebook:

HP ENVY TS 15

Specs:
15.6 in Full HD BrightView LED-backlit (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.40 GHz
16GB DDR3L 1600 MHz
1TB hybrid drive
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Multi-format SD card reader
Beats Audio quad speakers and two subwoofers
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M switchable graphics and Intel HD Graphics 4600
4 USB 3.0 (1 supporting USB Boost) • HDMI • Headphone output/Microphone input combo • RJ-45 (10/100/1000)
6-cell lithium-ion (up to 5 hours, 15 minutes)
HP TrueVision Full HD webcam
802.11a/b/g/n/ac (Miracast enabled)
Bluetooth - Yes
14.94 x 9.87 x 0.74-1.18 in (379.47 x 250.69 x 18.79-29.97 mm)
5.62 lbs (2.54 kg)
Silver

I love this computer. It's amazing. It can actually run Blockland shaders at max, so that's great.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:26:40 PM by Acerblock »