Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310581 times)

Finally upgraded from my HD 7870, now I'm rocking a GTX 970 and hopefully by sometime in January I'll be rocking GTX 970's in SLI

Finally upgraded from my HD 7870, now I'm rocking a GTX 970 and hopefully by sometime in January I'll be rocking GTX 970's in SLI
Lucky bastard. :)

You'll have to tell me how well they work with SLI on some real benchmark-type games.

Based on in-game benchmarks I've seen it should be very very good. Just one is powerful enough to run everything I've got on max settings (sans ridiculous unnecessary x6+ AA) with good framerates (50+ at least) so even if I'm playing games which don't have SLI profiles I don't think I'll suffer all too much for going with SLI 970's over a single 980. Like I said though it looks like 970's in SLI scale extraordinarily well, at least up to 2x SLI. Pretty much everywhere I went on the subject recommended SLI 970's over a single 980

And here I am sitting here with a non returnable 780 :/

And here I am sitting here with a non returnable 780 :/
The 780 isn't bad at all...

I forgot who it was but someone was going to buy a Fractal Design Define R4 case.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fractal-design-launches-110-define-r5-mid-tower-case/

Might want to hold off.

I forgot who it was but someone was going to buy a Fractal Design Define R4 case.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fractal-design-launches-110-define-r5-mid-tower-case/

Might want to hold off.
I saw the hardware canucks review of it. It's a really nice case, but I'm not particularly fond of its looks.

I saw the hardware canucks review of it. It's a really nice case, but I'm not particularly fond of its looks.
Doesn't it look exactly the same? lol

Doesn't it look exactly the same? lol
yes

I don't like the R4 either

yes

I don't like the R4 either
Oh, what were you getting then?

Oh, what were you getting then?
I'm going to get the Enthoo Pro.

It's been said to be one of if not the best case in its price range.

I'm going to get the Enthoo Pro.

It's been said to be one of if not the best case in its price range.
Looks pretty good.

Update!

Since I last started out with my base design on the one site I have modified it to THIS final build I have in mind.

Mainly looking for this to be an excellent gaming build for modern games. (Battlefield, Skyrim, DayZ, etc.)

• Color scheme I am going with is Black / Red and a little bit of Gold in there it seems.
  • As for the monitor I already have an HDTV I plan to use and I have speakers / headphones.
  • The OS will be Windows 8.1 that I plan on buying through my university.

Comments and input from you guys is always usually helpful so please have at it!

Another list right here for convenience.
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • MOBO: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
  • RAM: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
  • SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card
  • CASE: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case
  • PSU: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • ODD: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer
  • KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse

And I am still planning on keeping this within my ~$700 budget since I'll be getting as many cyber Monday deals as possible.

Hey guys. I have Christmas around the corner. What keyboard should I ask for? (Let's be safe and budget the keyboard to be at least 80 dollars)

Hey guys. I have Christmas around the corner. What keyboard should I ask for? (Let's be safe and budget the keyboard to be at least 80 dollars)
The one that is a part of my build is a nice back lit one for people on a budget. Comes in red, blue, and green.