Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1328208 times)

One of the best things about winter is i dont have to worry about my gpu's temp on heavy load. RIP 80C gtx 570, hello 78C

I know this is a stupid question, but is it possible for computer components (Gpu, CPU) to become too cold?

Well I mean obviously if it's frozen solid then it won't work but I'm saying within reason

at full load, my top gpu (the one using the vrm) reaches about 50c at most.

but we keep the house at a steady 60f year round XD

I know this is a stupid question, but is it possible for computer components (Gpu, CPU) to become too cold?

Well I mean obviously if it's frozen solid then it won't work but I'm saying within reason

no!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJBV89dJ_H8

-200c directly onto the cpu

Colder is better

Frozen solid does not sound like a problem unless you are using all moving parts like HDD, Fan, ect.

Replacing the HDD with a SSD and just ignoring the fan's helpless attempts to run should not affect anything.

Unless the PC is using brittle metal materials.

well technically a part cannot become "frozen" as that kind implies its wet or some kinda fluid in the parts.
and at that point you have other issues as your comp should be dry lol

there are .... commercially available to us, non-water cooling systems that reach below ambient temp.
the true dream.

but the full loop of this deal is like 3k on its own. my comp would have to total like 6k before this is a reasonable accessory.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:54:31 AM by Bisjac »

The only option in your case is to buy a used card from eBay. I've found a few which should be a decent upgrade without blowing up your PSU (from fastest to slowest):
Nvidia GeForce GTX750ti
i will pm my dad on facebook for this gpu
(also the bid already ended)

EDIT: osht that gpu is not backward compatible with pci express 1.0 x16
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:09:16 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

Cold dry environments increase the risk of electrostatic discharge. This is not really much of a concern though.

well technically a part cannot become "frozen" as that kind implies its wet or some kinda fluid in the parts.
and at that point you have other issues as your comp should be dry lol

there are .... commercially available to us, non-water cooling systems that reach below ambient temp.
the true dream.

but the full loop of this deal is like 3k on its own. my comp would have to total like 6k before this is a reasonable accessory.
In the video the liquid nitrogen was building up ice from the moisture in the air. Obviously you'd be using a loop and stuff though, so in reality it'd never happen. Or would it? :)

Think about it, unless your case was airtight, condensation which would freeze pretty quickly would probably build up on the outside of whatever tubing you had. Turn off the computer and walk away, ice melts, covers the comp with water. At least that's happening in my mind, I'd assume there's work arounds to that.

With the talk of monitor overclocking a few pages ago, mine only goes up to 60hz. :(
Got my friend's laptop up to 90hz though. I didn't bother to go higher.

I'm upgrading my cpu to an AMD FX 6350, currently using This motherboard, do I need to do anything before it works?

my monitor is a 2000's Viewsonic E790 (this was the only monitor my dad had :/)
now the vga to dvi adapter isn't working so now i will be stuck with a integrated gpu (nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430)

EDIT: i get 22 fps on blockland main menu with this piece of stuff integrated gpu (i am not kidding)

proof:

(The Alt is my alt)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:23:51 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

my monitor is a 2000's Viewsonic E790 (this was the only monitor my dad had :/)
now the vga to dvi adapter isn't working so now i will be stuck with a integrated gpu (nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430)

EDIT: i get 20 fps on blockland main menu with this piece of stuff integrated gpu
we both have the same disgusting integpu