Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1403296 times)

I've been ordering upgrades. When everything is together, this is what it'll be:

i7 4790K
EVGA 980 SC ATX 2.0
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
Asus Xonar DGX sound card
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 motherboard
Corsair AX850 Modular PSU

240GB Samsung SSD
1TB Seagate 5,900RPM HDD
2TB Buffalo external powered HDD

Phanteks Enthoo Pro full tower case
LG 8x Blu-Ray Writer
XSPC custom watercooling loop
   -Copper CPU block
   -AX360 radiator (with 3 XSPC 120mm 1650 RPM Fans)
   -D5 vario pump
   -Dual bay reservoir
   -1/2" tubing with compression fittings
NZXT Sentry 3 Touch Screen Fan Controller

Acer K272HUL 2560x1440 IPS monitor
Line 6 Pod UX1 sound card (for guitar interface)
M-Audio BX5 powered studio monitors (speakers)
Razer Blackwidow keyboard
Razer Deathadder 3,500dpi mouse
Sennheiser PC360 headset

Windows 8.1 64 bit

I think that covers it lol

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:03:02 AM by Bones4 »

You don't have any disks? How young are you?

I'm twelve.

Did you order that Seagate yet or is it on the list to-order?

Yeah, if it hasnt been shipped get a Western Digital Black HDD

Yeah, if it hasnt been shipped get a Western Digital Black HDD
And consider getting a drive that is 7,200rpm.

I've had it for years. Everything on the list I either have or already have ordered.

I'm only waiting for the CPU, Mobo, Case, Watercooling loop, and fan controller.

And consider getting a drive that is 7,200rpm.

I've had that drive for years. It's just for storage. I could care less when the things I use are on an SSD.

I've had it for years. Everything on the list I either have or already have ordered.

I'm only waiting for the CPU, Mobo, Case, Watercooling loop, and fan controller.

I've had that drive for years. It's just for storage. I could care less when the things I use are on an SSD.
I'd consider the possibility of it failing if you've had it for years. You got the back up drive, so I guess it doesn't matter a ton. 240GB goes fast though.

Trust me, I know how fast HD space goes. An anything important is on the external. I could get a new one, but I still only use enough stuff to use part of the SSD and everything else is fine in storage.

Trust me, I know how fast HD space goes. An anything important is on the external. I could get a new one, but I still only use enough stuff to use part of the SSD and everything else is fine in storage.
Alright. :P

For Dell Eyes Only:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMGHmylZR8

Well stuff guys, every 10 mins I keep getting a kernal power error. I used AMD catylast to install a bunch of drivers, it scanned my system.

Temps on mono, CPU and GPU haven't risen above 60c.
I read that it could be a faulty PSU, so I'm gonna stop fiddling bwith it for now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:27:05 AM by matthewbim11 »

wait CD's still exist?
Come to a third world country for a week. You'd be surprised at all of the things that still exist.

Lately I've been having rather strange issues with my computer first with issues with hard drives that disappear randomly, which leads to the system not booting up on the SSD. One that seems to always disappear while in use is a new 1 TB WD Black HDD that seems to be perfectly fine when it does appear (when it doesn't it's gone completely as far as the system knows; SMART shows nothing bad). The issues that occur when I do get the system up and running is randomly hanging and freezing while doing certain things, especially if it's a more intensive program like blockland or flightgear. Any idea what the heck could be causing this? The only thing that could be an issue as far as I know would be a rather low end PSU, but it hasn't given issues before.

Specs:
Intel i7 4790K @ 4 GHZ (oveclocks up to 4.4 ghz)
32 gb ddr3 ram @ 2400 mhz (overclocked from ~1366 mhz)
msi z97 gaming 5 mobo
nvidia gtx 980 w/ latest drivers
120 gb intel ssd
2 1 TB hard drives, one WD black, one WD blue
power supply: cool power gamer 1080 watt (the fact it's a no name brand is concerning)
page loss
also, windows tends to hang either before log in or only a minute or two after, after which a blue screen occurs if i let it sit for awhile