Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1312157 times)

And the SSD could die from a surge

Why the forget are you not running a surge protector? Besides, HDD's can suffer from electronic failure as well because they have a controller board. Damage to the controller board can even lead to mechanical damage and failure
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:34:55 PM by Tokthree »

no stuff so why not just buy another SSD
again what the forget are you on about

And the SSD could die from a surge
Your whole computer is at risk for not using a surge protector.

no stuff so why not just buy another SSD
again what the forget are you on about
Well, buying a new drive isn't an issue. The information that was on the drive before it had its catastrophic ending is the issue.

Of course I have one but anything can happen. Even your trustworthy PSU can fail and burn your system.

Well, buying a new drive isn't an issue. The information that was on the drive before it had its catastrophic ending is the issue.

Of course I have one but anything can happen. Even your trustworthy PSU can fail and burn your system.
who the forget stores anything besides games and an OS on SSDs?
they're not meant to have data written and unwritten all the time

School work, work work, documents, images, every information you would store in a computer.

School work, work work, documents, images, every information you would store in a computer.
that didn't answer my question
i asked who the forget would do that
SSDs aren't meant for that

lolwhat

seriously??

A SSD, which is a secondary storage device, isn't meant to hold data you'd want to keep. Got it.

SSDs aren't meant for that
you what
a ssd is a literal storage device
it's meant for whatever the forget you want

Pie Crust, you really need to shut up regarding this HDD VS SSD debate.  You seem to be stuck in one way, which is your own personal bias against others being able to buy fancier technology that is current to the market trends.  SSD's while they may have a higher price per gigabyte, however offer much higher transfer rates and types of technologies such as Intel's 750 series with NVME providing incredible speeds where as most consumer grade hard drives are not able to offer.

Essentially you're entire argument is about your lack of knowledge on subjects other than what you want to believe.

You can read more about NVME here:  http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/solid-state-drives-750-series.html

Installed this in my drive bay yesterday.

Now I have control of all 4 of my case fans, on the go.
By "on the go" I meant if you're running a high intensity program(s)/game to you don't need to open a seprate program to set the fan speeds blah blah blah

http://www.amazon.com/SENTRY-Accessories-5-25-Inch-Screen-Controller/dp/B002L16OMO
That looks soooo nice.

I only have one fan installed (excluding the CPU fan) that blows air out. I'm having minor heat issues when I run Blockland for too long. I have another fan that I can either install on the case panel (hopefully I'm using the right terminology here), which I am pretty sure will suck air in. Or I can put one down in the lower front of my case that will blow air directly on my GPU (the main source of my heat trouble). My GPU is an ancient used GTX 260. It works totally fine and I'm happy with gaming quality for now. I just need a way to cool it down.
The only problem is that I will have to remove the motherboard to get the fan in. This would mean a lot of unplugging. My cords are all neat, tidy, and out of the way. I really don't want to mess them up.

The hell? They use PCIe 3? I thought they used regular SATA power/data cables. Someone please fill me in.

go to a real computer shop and ask about storing anything besides an operating system or programs on an SSD and listen to what they tell you
you're not supposed to
its bad for the SSD and for the things you're storing on it.