[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309242 times)

My dad got me a GTX 680 for £150 from a somewhat shady guy.

Not complaining it works great.

Thanks to those in this topic who suggested it.
where :(

im looking to fix my router, as it overheats constantly and malfunctions. im going to take an old gpu i have w/ a small fan, and sauter the fans power cables onto the routers circuit. i will then place the fan on the router and it will be cooled.

My dad got me a GTX 680 for £150 from a somewhat shady guy.

Not complaining it works great.

Thanks to those in this topic who suggested it.
You're incredibly lucky, they're normally a lot more expensive

best gpu for 250 to about 300? Can't decide between 660ti or 7950, or suggest me something else

best gpu for 250 to about 300? Can't decide between 660ti or 7950, or suggest me something else

i'd say the 650ti judging from the comparison on newegg.com.

even though i've been using AMD cards for some time now, i'd happily go back to nvidia and have a single gpu system.

i forgeted up and bought a crossfire-x mobo only, but to be fair i really don't need it unless i do triple heading.

so my new psu arrived and works perfectly :D

but my computer is still not detecting my gtx 650 ti (currently using 9600 GSO)

i think it might be cause my motherboard is old now and doesnt have bios drivers past 2006 and vista

Your board might not support PCIe 2.1 or 3.0. This is most typical when the bus is only capable of 1.0A or earlier. To fix it, you need a new motherboard, but chances are, if you have a board old enough for PCIe 1.0A, you're going to have to practically buy a new computer.

looks like thats it, time to save up for a new mobo then :D

Is this worth a look?
That graphics card is super-low-end garbage.
Chances are you can't even run blockland with min shaders on it.

That graphics card is super-low-end garbage.
Chances are you can't even run blockland with min shaders on it.

How much would a decent graphics card be that can run Blockland with shadows and shaders on like medium with an average fps of 60 on a 10k build?

How much would a decent graphics card be that can run Blockland with shadows and shaders on like medium with an average fps of 60 on a 10k build?
$100

im designing a computer case to go under a bunch of mineral oil. stuff will be so cash

im designing a computer case to go under a bunch of mineral oil. stuff will be so cash

more like stuff will cost a lot of cash and then break

Seriously. That's the best case you can get. It's designed to withstand the pressure of several gallons of liquid, it is transparent and relatively cheap.