Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1399354 times)

Just in case you need them later for whatever reason, I wouldn't cut the wire but peel a bit of the insulation and then cover the hole once you connected the LED wires with insulating tape.

Quote from: http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-announces-titan-x-the-most-advanced-gpu-the-worlds-ever-seen/
12 GB buffer and "8 billion transistors"

Mother of god.

Holy stuff. 8 billion transistors in a space no more than 3cm3

i argued with my dad and he is going to build a new computer
and he's going to use my current computer for random things after he built my new computer

NOTE: I WILL POST THE BUDGET TOMORROW
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:07:46 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

So I'm still dealing with my system instability. Could it be power supply related? Newegg is telling me I need over 1000 watt PSU, while another site tells me a little over 500. When I bought the PSU, I google searched it and people said with a FX 8350 and a R9 290, 750W should be plenty. It makes sense, that when I try to boot a game the power usage goes up. Is there any way to confirm that the PSU is the error? Using base video drivers keeps my system stable for the time being.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:32:30 PM by matthewbim11 »

Get a 1200W PSU. No power problems ever again. :cookieMonster:

I'm not dropping the money on a part if its not the problem. I already have a PSU.

How powerful is your PSU?

EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze. Full specs are:
Fx 8350 4ghz stock
ASRock 980DE3/U3S3
XFX DD R9 290
GSkill 2x4GB DDR3 1600
1TB WD Black.
Just used a Cooler Master calculator, it gave me just under 500 watts.
Watt the forget is going on then?
I forgot to mention, with the AMD driver installed, my screen looks like this.

With base video, it looks like this.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:53:21 PM by matthewbim11 »

Check your computer's stability with only the most basic things. (No dedicated GPU unless your CPU doesn't have an integrated one which I seriously doubt) and begin adding your legacy or plugandplay one by one.

The only thing I can pull out is the GPU (not even really, no video would play at all), the rest is all essential to operation. The FX-8350 is not an APU.

Doesn't your motherboard have an integrated chipset?

Cool background. I can honestly say that I do not see a difference between either images.

Do you not notice the massive 1 1/2 inch black border that comes in from my bezel? I paid for a 21 inch monitor, not a 19 inch.

No, I'm used to 4:3 monitors.

Ontopic: What's the resolution of both screens? Doesn't the AMD software have a control panel like NVidia's allowing you to select custom resolutions?

It's the same monitor in both pictures. Both resolution settings are at 1080p, but base video knows how to actually use my entire monitor. There is a overscan option in the AMD software, but it does absolutely nothing. There is an over scan option in the monitor, but no dice.