Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311414 times)

Or you can connect a pot in series...

Looks like I now have another issue with my computer...it now takes a forever to start up windows, then runs perfectly fine once it finally logs in. It also gets stuck on POST for quite a while A2, and one of the drives doesn't show up (strange part about it is that now the one that didn't show up before is now back, so maybe it's a cable issue of some sort?). Keep in mind it booted up windows 7 in seconds before this. (pls don't ignore again)

http://wccftech.com/amd-reveals-radeon-r9-390x-gdc-wip/

AMD: Not caring so much about cooling optimization and power efficiency that all their GPUs now need liquid cooling.

gg amd, gg

Looks like I now have another issue with my computer...it now takes a forever to start up windows, then runs perfectly fine once it finally logs in. It also gets stuck on POST for quite a while A2, and one of the drives doesn't show up (strange part about it is that now the one that didn't show up before is now back, so maybe it's a cable issue of some sort?). Keep in mind it booted up windows 7 in seconds before this. (pls don't ignore again)
Had this problem for a long time running windows 8 while a dead drive was sitting connected to the machine. The solution is to simply remove the dead drive.

http://wccftech.com/amd-reveals-radeon-r9-390x-gdc-wip/

AMD: Not caring so much about cooling optimization and power efficiency that all their GPUs now need liquid cooling.

gg amd, gg

read the whole thing before complaining about anything

my dad is going to build a new computer

budget: $400 (i know it's not a lot but this is what i only have)

i cannot save for more money because i'm a poorcigarette

anyway there's only 3 things that has to be respected

1. that computer must be better than my actual computer

2. these parts must be avaiable on tigerdirect.ca, bestdirect.ca and ncix.ca

3. the price will NEVER go over $400

this is what i actually have: monitor, keyboard, mouse and the case

the things i need: Motherboard (maybe one that the CPU is already installed), RAM, GPU, PSU (650 watts or more)

read the whole thing before complaining about anything

my dad is going to build a new computer

budget: $400 (i know it's not a lot but this is what i only have)

i cannot save for more money because i'm a poorcigarette

anyway there's only 3 things that has to be respected

1. that computer must be better than my actual computer

2. these parts must be avaiable on tigerdirect.ca, bestdirect.ca and ncix.ca

3. the price will NEVER go over $400

this is what i actually have: monitor, keyboard, mouse and the case

the things i need: Motherboard (maybe one that the CPU is already installed), RAM, GPU, PSU (650 watts or more)

Whats your computer though? We cant follow rule one if we dont know the specs of your current computer.

Whats your computer though? We cant follow rule one if we dont know the specs of your current computer.
oops i forgot to post the picture

there

If you're going to tell us that it needs to be better than what you have then it tends to be worthwhile to tell us what your current rig is. Same applies to telling us you already have a case; we can't do anything with that information if we don't know what it is.

Also; is your budget CAD or USD? And can we go over it if it is less than $400 after rebates or are you not interested in rebates?

Hey, we have the same CPU.

If you're going to tell us that it needs to be better than what you have then it tends to be worthwhile to tell us what your current rig is. Same applies to telling us you already have a case; we can't do anything with that information if we don't know what it is.

Also; is your budget CAD or USD? And can we go over it if it is less than $400 after rebates or are you not interested in rebates?
no rebates

CAD

i think i should get a new case

Day 5 of troubleshooting
So, my computer runs FurMark and Prime95 just fine. When I play games, it goes kaput. I frequently get a "Display driver has stopped working and Windows has recovered".
Using latest AMD driver and my power supply is more than adequate.

i think i should get a new case

When you're on such a tight budget then you don't get to be picky. What's your case?

Day 5 of troubleshooting
So, my computer runs FurMark and Prime95 just fine. When I play games, it goes kaput. I frequently get a "Display driver has stopped working and Windows has recovered".
Using latest AMD driver and my power supply is more than adequate.
I get that all of the time with a very old NVidia GPU. Do you have any symptoms before it? I usually had a minor screen tearing and gradually building up before the driver stopped working.