[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1299964 times)

Jesus
I clean my loving laptop every half a year.
A laptop? Do you even know how hard it is to take apart that piece of stuff?

Thinking about buying a Raspberry Pi 2 since I got 50 bucks from my brother this Christmas. I have a few questions.

specs: 1 gu ram, 900 mhz, quad core

Will it run steam games smoothly like GMod, Blockland, or even less demanding games like Battlefront ll with low settings?

Will Windows XP run fine on those specs and run it smoothly if not almost smoothly?

I will still keep my regular PC but this just seems like a neat thing to have. After all, It's like under 50 bucks.

Its stuff
Save up for better stuff
Even my phone has more ram better specs in general

Also with those its hard to determine if it will run games. Whats the gpu?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 03:53:47 AM by espio100 »

Will it run steam games smoothly like GMod, Blockland, or even less demanding games like Battlefront ll with low settings?
Will Windows XP run fine on those specs and run it smoothly if not almost smoothly?
No to all, but not because of lacking specifications but rather because it's a different architecture altogether. Every raspberry pi is powered by a variation of an ARM chip (like the ones in smartphones) instead of a x86 processor (e.g. the ones used for actual 'computers/pcs'). In short, it won't run at all unless it's ported over or emulated (both are probably dreadfully slow).

It's not like the raspberry pi doesn't have it's uses though, you can use it as an emulator to plug directly in to your tv via hdmi, or use it to host a web/game server.

So I was looking back at my build knowing I am going to change allot in the future (CPU and GPU (also the PSU)) and I had like a $180 CPU (i5-4460. Quadcore 3.2Ghz) and I remembered myself the $500 pc thread and some dude had a build with a dual core. First I was like "stuff man dual core will bottleneck stuff" but I didnt really knew it had hyper threading. Wich means it basicly has 4 cores. or almost. Well the problem the CPU used an LGA 1151 socket while I have a MB with an LGA 1150. So I looked arround and found this.
Will that cpu bottleneck the stuff out of an R9 380 or is it okay?

Nah forget i7.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:22:18 PM by espio100 »

Working on my new X99 build, however I still have no clue when my CPU will A) ship or B) has shipped and as usual Intel isn't emailing when and/or C) it will randomly show up this week at some point

I also discovered why my Power Mac G5 case was always so dust free, my favorite part of this photo is how the dust is literally fan shaped perfectly

I will be making a cool video of some kind POV wise as I un-build my old AMD build and build my X99 at the same time, should be done once my CPU gets here.

Edit:  Still have to put my RAM in and hook up pretty much everything minus the CPU

Can anyone explain how watercooling actually works
Like do you only cool your CPU? What about your GPU? How the forget does that work?

Can anyone explain how watercooling actually works
Like do you only cool your CPU? What about your GPU? How the forget does that work?
metal plate with paste absorb heat on hot object
water run past/on hot plate and absorb heat
water go to radiator
fans remove heat using air
repeat

metal plate with paste absorb heat on hot object
water run past/on hot plate and absorb heat
water go to radiator
fans remove heat using air
repeat
Yeah i'm that far but how does one cool the gpu?
Is there some special thing for it you like screw on the gpu like that cpu thing?
or whatever

Yeah i'm that far but how does one cool the gpu?
Is there some special thing for it you like screw on the gpu like that cpu thing?
or whatever
yes

so it turns out i really like corsair products

so it turns out i really like corsair products
it's like you figured out you're gay for the first time

is this a shot against corsair or just an brown townogy?

forget you corsair is a good brand
And you're gay for not liking it.