Author Topic: Drivers Test TODAY - Passed!  (Read 7519 times)

You can get 18 minor errors which includes completely loving up the parallel parking(they won't make you parallel between 2 cars you just have to pull up close to a curb and then reverse a bit). You can completely forget up the entire parallel parking and only get like 5 minor errors as long as you don't hit the curb. Hitting the curb is a major error and major errors are automatic fail. If you're smart you'll do what I did and get too far away from the curb resulting in a minor error so you don't risk hitting the curb and getting a major error. I also drove 30 mph in the school zone as here in california its 25 if kids are present and 35 if they aren't and 5mph over or under is a minor error while 10 over or under is a major error and people always cry about failing for going either 25 or 35 and the instructor says they had to do the other. Just gotta be smart and know where to play it safe 18 minor errors gives lots of wiggle room. Also check every street you drive passed in intersections or w/e it's called a road check and every single time you don't it's a minor error.

PA doesn't allow you to mess up at all. You get 1 thing wrong, you're done.

--They may let you redo the parallel parking depending on the instructor.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:01:28 PM by Jeep »

Don't worry you will get it after all your name Is Jeep...

PA doesn't allow you to mess up at all. You get 1 thing wrong, you're done.

--They may let you redo the parallel parking depending on the instructor.
That's wrong. I just researched it took 3 minutes you should try researching your test so you can be better prepared. You are allowed a certain amount of faults but only one major mistake just like every other state(every state is about 99% similar very minor differences.)

PA is strict, though. If you can't parallel, it's major and you fail. Thats what I was getting at.

Although I went into my driver's test with only 6 hours total driving(the driver's ed my parents wouldn't help me practice at all after before my test) and passed it first try practice makes perfect. Instead of being worried you could've bought 2 cones and practiced until you were so pro it would be laughable to even worry about it. Maybe if you don't pass you can think in those terms for the 2nd try.

I've been driving 7 years and done lots of landscaping and construction in busy cities like LA and portland and I can throw a 1 ton with a dump kit like this:

into a spot between 2 cars in like 5 seconds flat I fly right in and you can't even see behind the truck with a dump kit but I'm good at calculating my distance from cars by taking a mental image of them as I pass them up before I go in reverse and I just know where they are without seeing them. I'm also pretty good at backing up 30 foot trailers around bending roads at 80 mph(harder than it sounds)  :cookieMonster:

Bump. It's about to get real up in here.

I took the written test and passed B)

Anyways, you'll do good

When I took the test a few years ago I failed the written part once by a single question before I aced it. When I took the actual driving test I got 100% in everything except for parallel parking (hit one of the cones...) and passed just fine. Don't be nervous it's not that bad.
In my city they do the parallel parking between real cars.

My protip: Chill. Don't be nervous. Just. Chill.

Didn't have to parallel park for my test woooo

I'm pretty good at parallel parking
This is the last nail to the coffin of me thinking that you're a girl because of your avatar.

PA is strict, though. If you can't parallel, it's major and you fail. Thats what I was getting at.
I live in PA, but I was able to take my test at school and the guy I took it with was cool and didn't really give a forget, I had to parallel park, but if I didn't do good he wouldn't have cared.
Probably because he was too distracted by the thought of all the hot highschool chicks he forgeted. Which I found out about just recently.

I did fail the permit test my first time through though.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:39:49 PM by Littledude »

I took an online test for alabama and failed a few things (minor) but I passed it according to the site
now I just hope I can pass it IRL

Well, I failed it because of the parallel parking. My instructor acted like an ass. He wouldn't address me by my first name. I was "sir" the entire time. He didn't tell me I failed. He got out and walked back in.

I scheduled it again for next week at a different center.