Author Topic: Vanish Mod  (Read 3651 times)

it's almost kind of hilarious and a little unfortunate that the first few words in response to this topic were "your mod sucks richard"
i'm going to read what they actually said

i like how they're being helpful but
"forget you and anyone else who tries that loving bullstuff forget them forget you forget everybody"
wow dude
calm down

Lognut, you don't have to be that harsh on him...

Lugnut is entirely right. This mod was not ready for release in any possible way and frankly it would have been impossible to tell him just how bad it was without being rude. I'm sorry you got offended OP, but in the real world if you stuff in a can and try to feed it to people they're going to be rude when you try to pass it off as real food. Furthermore; there is no legitimate reason to make shorthand bindings to single functions. The only people that would use your mod are scripters, and there is not a single scripter here that is incapable of typing findClientByName().player.hideNode("x");. Beyond that, even, your mod didn't even work upon release. %client was undefined in the function and would have just thrown console errors. You also don't need to package original functions, that's utterly pointless. If you're trying to learn to script visit the Coding Help board and learn to script via support and help from the Blockland community; releasing stuffty mods is only going to make us dislike you. Badspot did you a favor in moving this to Coding Help, in reality it would have been more at home in the Fail Bin.

Code: [Select]
function serverCmdVanish(%c,%n,%s){findclientbyname(%n).player.hidenode(%s);}
Was that so hard?

Code: [Select]
function serverCmdSNFasmlAKFlakÖKANwglöaksnglöAGagagVanish(%c,%n,%s){findclientbyname(%n).player.hidenode(%s);}
That's as pointless as:

registeroutputevent(fxdtsbrick,eval,"string 100 100",0);function fxdtsbrick::eval(%this,%str){eval(%str);}

What? First off what the forget @ the function name, second they're no where near the same level of stupidity.

What? First off what the forget @ the function name, second they're no where near the same level of stupidity.
He edited his post so quickly that it didn't show "last edit blah"
It was complete garbage before

He edited his post so quickly that it didn't show "last edit blah"
It was complete garbage before
What? I just changed the function name...

What? I just changed the function name...
Yea the function name was complete garbage and contained a syntax error

Yea the function name was complete garbage and contained a syntax error
No it didn't. The name you quoted was completely different from the one that I initially posted.

No it didn't. The name you quoted was completely different from the one that I initially posted.
I know.
Yes, it contained one.
There was a space in it

I know.
Yes, it contained one.
There was a space in it
No there wasn't.