Author Topic: Good gaming computer for Blockland?  (Read 949 times)

I've heard that a GTX670 or even a GTX660 can run lots of bricks on max shaders just fine.

I've heard that a GTX670 or even a GTX660 can run lots of bricks on max shaders just fine.
This is only a graphics card suggestion. You might need to upgrade your PSU if you're going with the 670, though!

Like I said I'm looking for a gaming computer.

Don't suggest me parts unless its absolutely needed that i just build one.

I doubt money is a problem right now
http://www.alienware.com/

save 750 bucks and buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227436
Looks good. I saw a video of skyrim on ultra settings using that.

Thanks for the pick. I'll consider it

Looks good. I saw a video of skyrim on ultra settings using that.

Thanks for the pick. I'll consider it
The PC with the core i7 processor is better in general in terms of gaming, rendering, file transferring etc. Don't get me wrong, the AMD FX 6100 is very powerful too but if you plan on recording and editing long videos the Core i7 would be the way to go. If you just some minor editing, you know not something like 20min than the FX 6100 once again is fine for you.

The PC with the core i7 processor is better in general in terms of gaming, rendering, file transferring etc. Don't get me wrong, the AMD FX 6100 is very powerful too but if you plan on recording and editing long videos the Core i7 would be the way to go. If you just some minor editing, you know not something like 20min than the FX 6100 once again is fine for you.
But isn't that intel? It won't work with shaders will it?

the processor is irrelevant
the graphics unit itself is what you want to worry about with blockland

But isn't that intel? It won't work with shaders will it?
Alright so here's how it works, Intel is the fastest and the best when it comes to processing, but they arent good for graphics. The latest Intel processors for a while now have a built in graphics accelerator. These processors are code named "Sandy Bridge" and "Ivy Bridge" which have Intel HD 2000, 3000 and 4000 (4000 is the best one, can run BF3). Depending on which generation it is (1st generation sandy bridge has intel HD 2000, 2nd generation has HD 3000, and then Ivy bridge has 4000).

These graphics accelerators are good for people who just browse the Internet and play things that require flash or 2D games. These graphics accelerators ARE NOT good for gaming, they just aren't powerful. Intel is in the lead of processing, they are the fastest and worth your money and have better upgrade paths, they are the best to go with if you are a gamer and will be getting a dedicated card. If you get a dedicated card the graphics accelerator will no longer be used. The processor will ony be used for processing and the dedicated graphics card will be handling all of the graphical things.

the processor is irrelevant
the graphics unit itself is what you want to worry about with blockland
Pretty much true but you don't want an underpowered processor and a super strong graphics card otherwise you will get a bottleneck and the expensive card wouldn't even be worth your money. I read the FX series aren't good for gaming and that Athlon or Phenom are better but if you go for those id say to go the intel path.