Author Topic: Scree went to shade of green  (Read 1433 times)

I have helpedmy teAcher fix alot of computer problems but this one confuses me.

I tried tightning the cables, checking the RGB settings and everything. Yet. The green is still green. Like dafuq? Help?

Was it always green? What were you doing before it turned that color?

Was it always green? What were you doing before it turned that color?
Nothing. All my teacher did was turn it on and it was like that.

i'm guessing that since you're on the log in screen, you've restarted a few times already?

Did you try to demagnatize it?

i'm guessing that since you're on the log in screen, you've restarted a few times already?
He turned it on it was like that, I restarted it to see if it was a one time thing.

when my mom's laptop did that, i sometimes could slap it back into its right colors.
though i don't really recommend that if you're at school.

How old is it?

It may be a problem with the screen's "color guns."

When the color guns that create the monitor's display begin to fail, the result can be an alteration in the amount of the color over part or all of the screen. The green color gun is especially prone to failure, as the green color gun carries the main video signal for the monitor.

Basically... dying monitor.

HELP:
http://www.wikihow.com/Degauss-a-Computer-Monitor

when my mom's laptop did that, i sometimes could slap it back into its right colors.
though i don't really recommend that if you're at school.
Ha.

How old is it?

It may be a problem with the screen's "color guns."

When the color guns that create the monitor's display begin to fail, the result can be an alteration in the amount of the color over part or all of the screen. The green color gun is especially prone to failure, as the green color gun carries the main video signal for the monitor.

Hm. I don't know. I guess it could be.

It confused me it worked fine 5 mins ago.

Aaa triple post. :(

Try demagnetizing it, like Soukuw said.

It looks like it might be something with the computers software or hardware, since the menu for the monitor settings is still the right color.

I think I've heard of that situation before, but I don't know

Warning - while you we're typing 7 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Dammit