Author Topic: Blockland Wiki  (Read 1264 times)

http://blockland.nullable.se/wiki/Main_Page

the wiki has started to die anyone interested in updating the wiki with new updates and information?

How many wikis have we had now?

idk but this one is most up to date and most well managed

I said this months ago and I'll say it again

why the forget do we need a blockland wiki

I said this months ago and I'll say it again

why the forget do we need a blockland wiki
how bout why the forget not?

Countless ones.

All used crap wiki services.

All were badly written and uninformative, showing no knowledge of good wiki formatting.

All were underwritten.

All were vandalized.

None were worth reading.

I know how to play the game, I wouldn't use a wiki for blockland.

Now a Blockland Player Wiki?  That would be useful.  And it would need to include mid-majors, cause that is what people would need to know.  Everyone already knows the famous Blocklanders, but I can't count how many times I run into someone and I just keep thinking "I know you from somewhere" but just can't get it.. I would just look up their notable blockland history on the player wiki and get a better idea!

Maybe I'm stupid for wanting this..  Eh feel free to leave opinions on it.

I know how to play the game, I wouldn't use a wiki for blockland.

Now a Blockland Player Wiki?  That would be useful.  And it would need to include mid-majors, cause that is what people would need to know.  Everyone already knows the famous Blocklanders, but I can't count how many times I run into someone and I just keep thinking "I know you from somewhere" but just can't get it.. I would just look up their notable blockland history on the player wiki and get a better idea!

Maybe I'm stupid for wanting this..  Eh feel free to leave opinions on it.

So basically someone needs to write 40k+ pages of each player describing there personality.

Countless ones.

All used crap wiki services.

All were badly written and uninformative, showing no knowledge of good wiki formatting.

All were underwritten.

All were vandalized.

None were worth reading.

You clearly didn't even look at the link in the OP.

So basically someone needs to write 40k+ pages of each player describing there personality.

Inactive players, noobs, people with little contribution, and etc would be left of the list.  I would wager around 1000 pages would need to be written.  And obviously not all at once.  And perhaps people could write their own, and then be edited by a moderator if needed.

You clearly didn't even look at the link in the OP.

I have, and it is my opinion that there is no standard in the articles. Some are formatted loosely like a Wiki, others are stubs that are written casually like someone is trying to explain it to their little brother.

I have, and it is my opinion that there is no standard in the articles. Some are formatted loosely like a Wiki, others are stubs that are written casually like someone is trying to explain it to their little brother.

There is a clear standard. Those small stubs are written by people who are clearly incompetent at properly writing articles and are greatly looked down upon. It's just that the moderation team got lazy due to a period lacking much activity and thus aren't really checking the recent changes for things like this.

Oh I'm sure there is a great excuse for that. The overall site has been the same since I first looked at it. Not buyin' it.

icy would be the perfect person to oversee a new wiki

i mean he managed all those anonymous people who wrote his biography so well that it practically just looked like it was done by one person! talk about standards

i mean he managed all those anonymous people who wrote his biography so well that it practically just looked like it was done by one person! talk about standards

Thank you very much.