Video: Hologram Event System Teaser

Author Topic: Video: Hologram Event System Teaser  (Read 6772 times)

That terrain looked good

As for holograms, could/will they support transparency, or is that something impossible?

What the forget happened.
He admined trolls

In all seriousness what are the true implentations of this and will it effect the way evented devices work, forever?

I think i need to make a parenting system, so if you parent hologram A to hologram B, then rotating hologram B will move and rotate hologram A, to encourage multiple hologram shapes.

Transparency has strange results. You can see the sky through it, but nothing else.. That's Torque for ya'!

EDIT: Oh, and you can see other holograms through them. Interesting. Could come in very handy. Spying on other people's holograms?

Server is still up, spam is cleared (one guy even had 30k+ (i think) bricks :o )

EDIT2: Oh god. Just read through the chat log. Still laughing. CheeseDragon and Nickle, thanks for making my day.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:26:58 PM by boodals 2 »

-beep-
I was being a bit of an ass to that woj guy but seriously, blocking my build in and VCE spamming explosions? I'm guessing you admined that Nickel guy for your own entertainment.

Can you release an open beta for this? It looks amazing.

Can you release an open beta for this? It looks amazing.

A beta really isn't needed. All I really need is some testers who really get into the events, to join my server when its up sometime. Speaking of my server, I'll be hosting soon (maybe) to add more VCE functionality (such as var:brick:holopos(x,y,z)/yaw/pitch/roll/rot/color/scale(x,y,z) etc. And then maybe get to work on hologram parenting, although the math for that is either gonna be insanely hard, or there's gonna be a really simple way to do it with codes. Either way, any help would be appreciated.

I was being a bit of an ass to that woj guy but seriously, blocking my build in and VCE spamming explosions? I'm guessing you admined that Nickel guy for your own entertainment.
Woj is friends with Port, I think.
He always reminds me of Woz (Steve Wozniak: Co-Founder of Apple)

5:33

Now I understand the sayings "trippin' balls". x)

cool, make a minifigure model?

Holographic text options would be useful for things. Like having your server rules floating in the air, or messages that you can change by pushing buttons.

Holographic text options would be useful for things. Like having your server rules floating in the air, or messages that you can change by pushing buttons.
As nice as that would be, i would have to add 36 extra datablocks for each letter and number, and then there would have to be about 50+ holograms for the whole thing, which might lag (still haven't tested). Not worth the effort. Just stick to prints and holographic emitters.

There also was an event to set some brick to display text above it, like a player name.