Author Topic: I have only once listened to gangnam style in my life, is that bad?  (Read 1379 times)

I heard a couple beats but never really heard the entire song. To me the song is as catchy to me as looking at a pile of clothes, and just thinking of that sucks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:27:53 PM by manofthefuture »

I would have thought it was stupid in English, too.
Most songs like this are complete stuff anyways.
If someone started rapping about the Korean bourgeoisie in English I'd probably think it was stupid too. From the perspective of a South Korean, this song is actually clever.

Is it bad that I feel superior to other people because I liked PSY, and knew about this song as soon as it was uploaded, before it exploded?

Is it bad that I feel superior to other people because I liked PSY, and knew about this song as soon as it was uploaded, before it exploded?
I do that too. Most viral videos are linked to me when they have like 10-100k views and I'm just like "well that's pretty stupid/funny" then suddenly they're massive and I feel like damn, I knew about that way before any of you.

I give the instrumental version a B
The vocal version sucks ass and I give it a D and a warning that it may or may not erase brain cells spontaneously.

The vocal version sucks ass and I give it a D and a warning that it may or may not erase brain cells spontaneously.
What about it would 'erase brain cells spontaneously?' The fact that it's in another language, or the fact that you don't like it?

It's satirical, has a great beat, is well produced, and is obviously very catchy. The reason 99% of you don't like it is because you're xenophobic toward both Korean music and the electro tune. If the song was in English, it wouldn't have garnered anywhere near the hate it gets. As far as the actual meaning, it's satirizing the upper class in Korea and how they are viewed by everyone else. I'm a big fan of satire and that alone is enough to garner my respect, the production quality and catchy tune are icing. As far as I'm concerned, Psy deserves every bit of popularity he's obtained through this song.

I dislike it because I literally can't avoid it. I see people reenacting and talking about it everywhere. During Christmas, light displays that also sent music out over a certain frequency just had to have that song on, with about 30 people in front of the lights that I wanted to see doing the super funnay!!1! horse dance. I applaud the attempt at writing about something that isn't trivial though, but most foreign listeners wouldn't even care. Thank goodness it's starting to fade out.

What about it would 'erase brain cells spontaneously?' The fact that it's in another language, or the fact that you don't like it?
The fact that people force me to hear it 300 times per day

it's dying out in my school, it reached it's peak about 2 months ago and people are liking it less now

I was never really forced into hearing it all the time, so I can still listen to it and enjoy it.

The fact that people force me to hear it 300 times per day
I bet you hear the word "the" 300 times a day.

Is the word "the" killing your brain cells?